Me 'Ole's bunged up!!! Help!!! (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

The trials and tribulations of this newbie motorhomer continue.

I was filling with water and, at the end of the hose I had a garden spray attachment (don't ask?)

I pushed said hose into the mouth of the filler hole and the aforementioned spray attachment detached itself and went into the bowels of the filler point. I can't see it but I know it hasn't dropped into the tank because it's causing a partial blockage when I try to fill the beast.

I won't be naive enough to ask if anyone will admit to doing such a stupid thing themselves but has anyone got any suggestions as to how to retrieve said sprayer.
Because the tank is between floors on the Hobby, getting to the innards end of the tank is not simple or visible.

As usual, any suggestions gratefully received.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Not done that but you could try hooking it out with a coat hanger wire or similar.

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
take the top off you're tank to let air in and use your vacuum to suck it out but make sure that air can get in or your tank will collapse
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Your water tank will have a large access point, usually a screw lid. You could push the hose fitting gently in to the tank to stop the blockage and retrieve it when you find out how to access the tank.

Be careful if you decide to try and pull it out, you may damage the filler neck.

Hymie.

Upvote 0

Bartyfixedit

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 11, 2014
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Self Build Ducato L4H3
Exp
Since 1987
Try disconnecting the hose from the inlet to the pump and attach a hose pipe so you can back fill the tank. Once the tank is full and overflowing GENTLY block the overflow with your finger so the water overflows from the filler, hopefully ejecting the nozzle. Be careful not to overpressurise the tank.
It might work:unsure:

Upvote 0
Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I had exactly the same issue but not with a spray end but with a tooth brush. I was cleaning the inlet and accidentally dropped the tooth brush down the filler neck. I went inside the MH and located where the inlet was (from the inside) which luckily is behind the kitchen drawers. I simply pulled the drawers out and could see the see through filler pipe. I disconnected the jubilee clip and pulled the hose away from the filler neck and reached down with a piece of wire and hooked the tooth brush. Was easier from inside the van as I could see through the see through pipe and didn't need to bend the wire.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
As Hymie says, there will be an access to the tank - it's just a case of finding it and working out how to get into it. Our tank is under the rear seat and is accessible by removing cushions, unscrewing several screws and lifting out part of the seat base. Find roughly where it is and start dismantling :whistle:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Who Knew?

This svelte??? (compared to the 16st when he was working) 14st plus is now officially a contortionist.
I managed to unscrew half the rear nearside floor which gave me access to the back of the filler cap and pipe.
Once removed from the outside, it was just??? a matter of tapping, banging and swearing and gravity did the rest.

Many thanks to all contributors

Special thanks must go to dpsuk999 who admitted to doing something of a similar nature.
Us 'Loiners' must have masochistic tendencies.

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
From inside the tank
push a piece of hose pipe
ever so gently
turning it as you push it up the filler hose
till the object pops out

Shoulda read the post above bug rats doh

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
You can buy off E bay a cap to fit the in place of the filler cap, all you do is take your cap off and put the new cap on it hs the same fitting on the outside that you use to clip on to a tap etc, they are only a few quid and saves standing there holding your hosepipe, then swop them back when done. Pete

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back