Me and the Bitch have got itchy feet. (1 Viewer)

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
I always get a bit of cabin fever at this time of year, mixed with a bit of the SADS.

So, for the past two years I have made a late decision and gone to Spain. I know that Funsters are meeting in Malaga in March but where is everyone now?

If my fed up mood carries on I may take off to join all you "Sunsters" :thumb:

I am looking to go to far more meets this year here in England as well, so I may even have to have a timetable of sorts for the first time in years.

Bit of a lie to say the Bitch has got itchy feet really, she has no say in the matter ::bigsmile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
There are plenty of Funsters here at Benidorm Stuart.
Come on down you know where we are.
It has been warm and sunny here today, temperature up in the 70's.
The forecast is for more good weather in the coming fortnight.
Pam and I will be heading on down to MrMotorhome & Tonka's meet at Bella Vista early march? It would be great to meet up with you and the Bitch again.

Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... in the meantime this might help! :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• canesten.jpg
    canesten.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 60

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
There's about 16 Funster vans here at Tagazhoute Stuart. Party every night with music. It's like Malvern with sun.
Just grow a pair and tell the bitch you're off! :ROFLMAO:

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I always get a bit of cabin fever at this time of year, mixed with a bit of the SADS.

So, for the past two years I have made a late decision and gone to Spain. I know that Funsters are meeting in Malaga in March but where is everyone now?

If my fed up mood carries on I may take off to join all you "Sunsters" :thumb:

I am looking to go to far more meets this year here in England as well, so I may even have to have a timetable of sorts for the first time in years.

Bit of a lie to say the Bitch has got itchy feet really, she has no say in the matter ::bigsmile:

Out of curiosity (ok being noisy) are you intending to go alone? I have been trying to convince myself that I can manage to do the same trip but have concerns about driving a rhd van on the wrong side on the road with no co-pilot for 4000 mile. I even asked Jim if he know of anyone interested in coming but then again it sort of sounded a bit creepy to ask.

OP
OP
capinpugwash

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Nothing definite planned at all. I am only "fishing at the moment" and waiting to see how I feel.

It is not a difficult trip, and I do go alone. I will let you know if I decide to go. A man of your calibre would have no probs, and as you know my van is right hand drive.

The Bitch is a c**p navigator though. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
capinpugwash

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
There are plenty of Funsters here at Benidorm Stuart.
Come on down you know where we are.
It has been warm and sunny here today, temperature up in the 70's.
The forecast is for more good weather in the coming fortnight.
Pam and I will be heading on down to MrMotorhome & Tonka's meet at Bella Vista early march? It would be great to meet up with you and the Bitch again.

Brisey.

Brian, you tempted me there last year with photos of you in shorts. When I arrived it was cold, and when I left it was freezing.

Do you think I am going to fall for that one again? :Doh:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Stuart, Would love you to join us, but PLEASE bring your own brandy. The Blues Bros have drunk all mine :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• La Toretta 002.jpg
    La Toretta 002.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 52
  • La Toretta 001.jpg
    La Toretta 001.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 48
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Out of curiosity (ok being noisy) are you intending to go alone? I have been trying to convince myself that I can manage to do the same trip but have concerns about driving a rhd van on the wrong side on the road with no co-pilot for 4000 mile. I even asked Jim if he know of anyone interested in coming but then again it sort of sounded a bit creepy to ask.

Next year I should also like to go after Christmas, and I would be going alone. I am not unhappy about driving on the 'wrong' side, or about navigating since satnav is good, and taking the ferry to Spain would reduce the driving considerably. However I don't think I would consider it unless I could join a Funster convoy, as unlike Greta Garbo, I do not want to be alone! Is a convoy a likely option folks?

Catherine

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Me and my missus are at La Bella Vista, Manilva. Had to put on my sunglasses again this morning when the sun came up. A little breezy today, but blue skies all around, and it will be very warm again. Stuff the grey, cold, wet UK. I can't do that anymore.

Craig

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Me and my missus are at La Bella Vista, Manilva. Had to put on my sunglasses again this morning when the sun came up. A little breezy today, but blue skies all around, and it will be very warm again. Stuff the grey, cold, wet UK. I can't do that anymore.

Craig

We saw a fifthwheeler at bellavista last year, they took down a lamp post removed trees and replanted the flower bed once it was on the pitch, :ROFLMAO: is he still there. ::bigsmile:

We will be at Javea until the end of March Stuart then heading south. ::bigsmile: Bob.

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Sun

Hello Stuart,

Fly to Agadair and join the Funsters for a sing song then consider catching the local bus and join us on our way towards the sun in Western Sahara area. :RollEyes:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We saw a fifthwheeler at bellavista last year, they took down a lamp post removed trees and replanted the flower bed once it was on the pitch, :ROFLMAO: is he still there. ::bigsmile:

We will be at Javea until the end of March Stuart then heading south. ::bigsmile: Bob.

There are two 5th wheelers here at the moment, both look permanent. One on the left, and one on the right as we look at the sea. I didn't need to remove things to get in, but, boy is it tight! Whoever designed the 'streets' on this campsite must have had a Ford Fiesta in mind.
A eurovan left yesterday, and ripped his skirt trying to get off his pitch. Having said that, it's a lovely site, with impeccable facilities.

Craig

p.s. the wind has stopped and it is getting very, very warm.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

2 solo drivers, Crisatuk and The only sue. Came with us last year down to Morocco.. They managed, only slight issue is they took longer at tolls as they were on their own...
I could brew a cuppa before Sue got through !!! :Doh:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (she will kill me now)..

Stuart, Why not put your name on the list for Bellavista... Good site and sure it will become another Marjal 2012...

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years

:thumb:Hi Just Looking,I too am thinkinking of doing Spain/Portugal probably on my own as the Girls in my life can't get away,:cry:
My vehicle is also RHD but does have a window on the other side:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:for toll booths?
Maybe we could arrange a convey?
Would hope to go around 8th Feb Poole/Gijon but am very flexible,over to you.:thumb:

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
:thumb:Hi Just Looking,I too am thinkinking of doing Spain/Portugal probably on my own as the Girls in my life can't get away,:cry:
My vehicle is also RHD but does have a window on the other side:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:for toll booths?
Maybe we could arrange a convey?
Would hope to go around 8th Feb Poole/Gijon but am very flexible,over to you.:thumb:
I take it that its boat to Spain? then onto.......:Smile:
Steve

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi
I have not been to Spain/Portugal in the Moho, so for me any where will be a new experience and adventure.
I also covered myself with a green card should the option of Morocco come up?
Not really sure what or where to go,just that I have about 2 months of unplanned freedom and a" MOTORHOME SHOUTING LETS GO"!!!!!:thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having travelled as a solo for many years I can say in all honesty that there is nothing to be afraid of. There will always be other travellers that will help you and once in the sun people tend to become more friendly. When I think back to the days of solo travel it was a great time as we all met up in different parts of Europe and knew where everyone was at certain times of the year. I am more than happy to travel with my new found partner, but was just as happy travelling alone. If you truly have the travelling bug then am sure you will have great experiences whether as a solo or couple. Strangers are only friends you have yet to meet. Best advice I can give to anyone who is contemplating travelling alone is get the hell out there and do it. You wont be alone for long.

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Hi
I have not been to Spain/Portugal in the Moho, so for me any where will be a new experience and adventure.
I also covered myself with a green card should the option of Morocco come up?
Not really sure what or where to go,just that I have about 2 months of unplanned freedom and a" MOTORHOME SHOUTING LETS GO"!!!!!:thumb:

similar with me I don't need to be home before end March even that's flexible but I do need some sun I will have a look at break down cover as well and find out some more on this green card thing , just in case. Both my tax and insurance are due in Feb so need to get that sorted.
Steve

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Steve
So as not to hog Capinpugwash's thread on "itchy feet" I will start a new thread re: Late winter runners to the Sun.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back