Free Member
Jul 13, 2010
NorthEast England
Funster No
MH
mini-campervan
Exp
new to it !
Hi just joined the forum and very new to camping not under canvas.Im converting a Fiat Doblo car/van into a camper by getting an elevating roof installed and everything else is removeable as this is my only vehicle.
Im female, live in Northern England and work full time, tho nearing retirement-I hope !
Looking for info on quiet sites near the coast- may try wild camping too.( I googled wild camping in MH's and found this site ).
Looking forward to joining in the chat !

Cath

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome to Fun

no doubt our very own
1 man and his dob(lo) will be along to greet you soon

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi just joined the forum and very new to camping not under canvas.Im converting a Fiat Doblo car/van into a camper
Cath

AWESOME.

Folks we have a breeding pair.

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) DobloBabe

We'll soon have Bellamy is a hushed voice "We thwought this spwecies was becoming extinct. Now a pair has been spotted on FUN. A pwotection order has been made and no unwicensed people are awwowed within a mile of the bweeding site. CCTV has been installed so we can all expwerience this unique event. Go to Link Removed. How long before the putter or wittle dowbwes ?"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

DobloBabe

Free Member
Jul 13, 2010
NorthEast England
Funster No
MH
mini-campervan
Exp
new to it !
AWESOME.

We'll soon have Bellamy is a hushed voice "We thwought this spwecies was becoming extinct. Now a pair has been spotted on FUN. A pwotection order has been made and no unwicensed people are awwowed within a mile of the bweeding site. CCTV has been installed so we can all expwerience this unique event. Go to Link Removed. How long before the putter or wittle dowbwes ?"
heheheh think Im going to like it here:winky::roflmto:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
AWESOME.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
flyingwelcome

well Brian has pretty much summed it up really. He is far from the daftest on here neither:winky:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Welcome, Neil has a really lovely van, never knew you could get so much inside a smaller motorhome.:thumb: ::bigsmile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
flyingwelcome

Well Brian has answered for us all I think

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
:welcome: Cath......to the madhouse!

You should get your wild-camping queries answered here....this lot know everything, and what they don't know they make up in a convincing manner. Haven't tried it myself - only just used my utility tent this weekend for the first time because I'm a bit of a softy and need my creature comforts (hence the reply from 'dylan' - I was at Cwmcuttan, dodging the rain).

No question too stupid to ask here. I would say beware of Brian, but it looks like I'm too late!

Hope the roof conversion goes well and you find those quiet coastal sites. Have fun!

(PS I think we might have 'met' on (cough) another forum....either that or there are two north-east Doblo owners having roofs fitted?)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Doblobabe, welcome to fun see your are in the North if you are any where near the Cheshire Show ground why not come along to the Motorhome show there this week end and you could see the other Doblo ::bigsmile: could be fun :welcomefunster:

OP
OP
D

DobloBabe

Free Member
Jul 13, 2010
NorthEast England
Funster No
MH
mini-campervan
Exp
new to it !
:welcome: Cath......to the madhouse!

You should get your wild-camping queries answered here....this lot know everything, and what they don't know they make up in a convincing manner. Haven't tried it myself - only just used my utility tent this weekend for the first time because I'm a bit of a softy and need my creature comforts (hence the reply from 'dylan' - I was at Cwmcuttan, dodging the rain).

No question too stupid to ask here. I would say beware of Brian, but it looks like I'm too late!

Hope the roof conversion goes well and you find those quiet coastal sites. Have fun!

(PS I think we might have 'met' on (cough) another forum....either that or there are two north-east Doblo owners having roofs fitted?)
Hi Neil- yes I joined that " other forum" lol a few days ago too:Smile:tho a lot more tenters on that one so I decided to look for a MH forum. I got a utility tent as well and will likely use proper campsites for safety reasons as well as water /toilet/shower facilities.

Cath

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
AWESOME.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh Brian how do you think of all these great things !

Hi Cath and welcome from us also, hope you enjoy using this great site, look forward to meeting you at a meet soon , sorry though you lost your little dog

Kath and John

OP
OP
D

DobloBabe

Free Member
Jul 13, 2010
NorthEast England
Funster No
MH
mini-campervan
Exp
new to it !
Hi Doblobabe, welcome to fun see your are in the North if you are any where near the Cheshire Show ground why not come along to the Motorhome show there this week end and you could see the other Doblo ::bigsmile: could be fun :welcomefunster:
Cheshire is a long hike for one day for me- Im collecting my car from west yorkshire on Sat morning where the pop-up roof is being installed this week. I will keep an eye on future shows and will check out the meets too:winky:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
AWESOME.

We'll soon have Bellamy is a hushed voice "We thwought this spwecies was becoming extinct. Now a pair has been spotted on FUN. A pwotection order has been made and no unwicensed people are awwowed within a mile of the bweeding site. CCTV has been installed so we can all expwerience this unique event.

:ROFLMAO:

Your talent's wasted in this forum Brian.

Well, Mr. Bellamy is president of the C&CC, so that would tick all his boxes :thumb:

Go to Link Removed. How long before the putter or wittle dowbwes ?"
The really sad thing is....I clicked that link...:Blush:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The really sad thing is....I clicked that link...:Blush:

If I'd any style I'd have set one up.

Some of my old bike mates invented a bike marque - The Hurley Pugh - just as a bit of a joke, then a letter to a magazine "Has anyone seen a Hurley Pugh Empire 1000 for sale". And so it went on. The result:

Link Removed

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
If I'd any style I'd have set one up.

Please don't....I shudder to think what the CCTV footage would have turned out like.

Some of my old bike mates invented a bike marque - The Hurley Pugh - just as a bit of a joke, then a letter to a magazine "Has anyone seen a Hurley Pugh Empire 1000 for sale". And so it went on. The result:

Link Removed
Sigh....that's my morning wasted :Smile:

They need to fill in the details for the X5 Ladies Monocycle prototype - you can't leave it hanging there with a description like "infamous".

And what can one say after reading about a genius like Alaric Pugh? Brought a tear to the eye, though not as much as his military inventions did to their operators.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hi and Welcome to the madhouse, you don`t have to be but it helps if you are :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back