McLouis window recall Polyplastics

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hijack, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Hijack

Hijack Read Only Funster

Has anyone had their windows replaced in this Safety Campaign by Polyplastics. ? Apparently there is a fault on the windows, which means the external window comes loose and can come off completely and they are offering to repair or replace windows on certain m/homes including McLouis, 2004 and2005. As this happened to us and our window came off we would be very interested to know if anyone else has been contacted or knows anymore about this.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

This cropped up in relation to Burstners a couple of years ago. This is the web page referenced at the time so presumably there is a similar one for McLouis. Happily our windows are Seitz.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hijack

Hijack Read Only Funster

Thank you. We have had similar correspondence from Polypalastics and have registered and they have confirmed that they will replace all our windows for free. However we paid out over £300 for the replacement last year before we knew about this and feel that they should reimburse this . Just wondered if anyone else had the same experience. You are lucky not to have the problem. Thanks again.

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I would certainly chase them to reimburse you if it were me.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ali K

Ali K Read Only Funster

Hi, I have been contacted by Polyplastics regarding the safety campaign, I registered and have been quoted over £500 to have the windows in our motor home replaced (I do not wish to have just the repair as I have read about problems arising afterwards) I don't feel that I should have to foot the bill for what is a manufacturing defect and would be very grateful for any advice on how to get the replacement done free of charge. Thank you