McLouis Tandy 490G Plus (1 Viewer)

swapeman

Free Member
Sep 29, 2008
Funster No
Hi - I wonder if anyone can help please. We have just bought a 2006 McLouis Tandy 490G Plus. There is a switch next to the heater control (by the rear bed) marked "230v mains". The integral neon lamp comes on when the switch is set to on but nothing seems to happen. Its positioning would suggest that it had something to do with the water heater but I've tried every switch position without success.
Any thoughts would be most welcome - thank you.

OP
OP
swapeman

swapeman

Free Member
Sep 29, 2008
Funster No
Hi - very sorry to gave taken so long to reply but been away without internet. I've only tried the switch while being plugged into the mains at home - not tried it on a site yet. Many thanks for replying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Is there a cover outside that needs to be removed when boiler is switched on?

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I've got a 2006 McLouis Tandy 640 Plus. We also have a mysterious switch, but in our case it's clearly marked "Fridge" and it sits just above the fridge. Guess what? It makes absolutely no difference to the fridge whatsoever! The switch is live, it's neon glows, but turn it off and the fridge keeps on working on mains just fine.

It's clearly some kind of cunning Italian plan to fox us all by putting mysterious switches in motorhomes! Either that or the Italian reputation for vehicle electrics is alive & well !

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
"ALIVE... and well:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
swapeman

swapeman

Free Member
Sep 29, 2008
Funster No
Thanks for all your input guys & gals. There's no boiler cover I can see but we're away this weekend so I'll be trying a few things once we're hooked up. We also have a 'mystery' switch, this time to the left of the kitchen sink - unmarked but turns out it switches mains to the fridge. I'll let you know how we get on...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back