Funster
Nov 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
caravaning on and off 10 years
oh no!
on thursday i was just gonna pick my car up from the storage where i keep my camper (it was nice and sunny and i was missing me car) so i jumped in the camper, just setting off and thought, better make sure i've still got my car keys in glove compartment, so i'm rummaging about in the glove (cursing cos i can't see 'em).. when i hears this sickening crunch , i jumps up thinking WTF. at the same time thinking, i'm a long way from the road (i'm a bit slow sometimes) .yeah its starting to dawn on me.
OH NO! i've rolled back.....not into the house... yep....can't be much damage tho. i've only rolled a few feet.
YEAH ! top corner of van all smashed, with hairy bits hanging out.. the plastic gutter on the house is squashed flat with bits on the floor, mixed with the red bits from my rear lights. i felt sick.. so i got back in and drove off like it never happened. stopping a couple of miles down the road to make sure it WAS just a dream, but no... so off to the menders, only to be made to feel even worse...£850.. and i've still got to fix the house guttering.... how was your day

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
That is the pits :mad::mad:
I had to repair the top of our MoHo after catching a overhanging sign (long story)
Post some pics of the damage and you will get some great advice as to how to repair it yourself.
I was quoted £500 plus the dreaded VAT and, with the help of Funsters, did it myself for about £40.(y)

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
What a bummer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
well you can get it fixed. chappie down at riverside shops. took the whole lot of. when they put height barriers in.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Sorry to hear of the crunch.

Probably not worth claiming on the insurance either :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Alan,
Sorry to hear that, bet you don't do it again though. On the way to Airmyn a couple of weeks ago I had to pull over as the rear kitchen drawers were crashing open, as I walked to the back of the van I wondered why the bushes were moving :doh:
THEY wern't, :whistle2:
Norman.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
It takes a brave (wo)man to admit to these expensive and silly errors.

If no person was hurt all can be made well even if the pocket is a bit lighter.

The trouble is NO-ONE will let you forget what you did. When Buffy goes to the garage for MOT / service / whatever they always look at the door I scratched and they repaired and then they comment. Makes me feel like a right plonker.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back