Maybe heading back to motorhoming (1 Viewer)

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Having had an Elnagh Baron for a year then deciding that a 32ft RV was for us and after a holiday to lake Garda last August decided to sell the RV and give up motorhoming (although not yet sold the RV) we are having second thoughts about giving up completely and considering that in fact the Elnagh was just the wrong layout for us (could only lounge at the dinette and bed over garage - don't enjoy the climbing about) we in fact had alot of fun in it and the RV although great just too big and not practical to use as much as we did the Elnagh, days out etc.

So now and especially now that Alexander was born a month ago we are considering a 4 berth low profile about 19 to 22ft fixed side rear bed, swivel seats and side sofa etc and thinking maybe that will be more practical to take out at weekends, easy when on holiday to leave the pitch for the day and go off somewhere, we ended up hiring a car in lake Garda cause can't take a 32ft RV off the day easily. Fuel consumption is a major issue as well although we knew it, when your actually putting €200 a hit in the tank it brings It home let alone tears to the eyes.

So potentially may be back on the road in an mh :thumb:

Cheers
Gary

poppy

Free Member
Sep 5, 2011
Solihull
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
since 2011
sorry to steal your thunder !!

can you tell me how I post a new topic, I can not work it out !! not very I.T sorry but How did you do it.
ps hope you are back on the road, !!! have fun

Poppy
:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Welcome back Gary and Cathy!

Craig

Thanks Craig

All came about on Saturday, went down to the coast for the day and when having to change and feed the baby in the car etc and seeing a couple of Motorhomes parked along the front we started hankering for an mh then that evening spent a good couple of hours discussing it and came to the conclusions we did so started searching the web and drew some initial thoughts on a low profile, possibly Chausson Suite maxi or similar Knaus

Cheers
Gary and Cathy

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
can you tell me how I post a new topic, I can not work it out !! not very I.T sorry but How did you do it.
ps hope you are back on the road, !!! have fun

Poppy
:Doh:

Hi no problem

Click on forums on the second bar down from the top

Scroll down and choose your topic, click on the topic heading the you will see new post and away you go

Cheers and good luck
Gary

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
congratulations on the arrival of the baby

Congratulations on the babies arrival.

Brave taking a baby in a motor home... Young children take up a lots of space with all there needs.

So it is back to emptying the cassette toilet..!!!!!! you will miss the holding tanks on a yank. I only ever owned one European and once I owned an RV I never wanted to go back. The luxury you get on an RV is just to hard to replace in a European unless you spend silly money. Certainly double what you paid for your Winnebago... shame it is still unsold.. thought I saw it recently on my way to Redhill (St Marcus to get some South African items... stocking up for the start of the season at Peterborough in a couple of weeks)...

Mind you Garry as you know my Winnebago is only 23'9" long.... but a bit small for two adults and a young one.

Why not give the RV another go while you try and sell it.. Stick to the UK where you are never far from home. Breaking down in Switzerland would worry even the most experienced motor home owners. Reasonably priced RV's are moving on ebay, but a lot of the more expensive items are not moving. Still a buyers market it seems. Perhaps give a few shows ago, As said Peterborough is a few weeks away and the MHF booking closes after weekend.... see the Peterborough links on the site...

Of course in May there is Newbury again... not many RV's going as 60 RV's are going to Oswestry again (we went last year) but have decided to say nearer to home... the long distance mileage and other work issues meant we had to pull out in January. Oswestry is the same weekend as Newbury this year. Looking forward to it, seeing some of our friends with European motor homes.

We are heading to France for June and in July we are doing the Rutland Water MHF/RVOC meet like about 80 others.. August will see us at Malvern yet again.. still the best one of the year in my view.

Anyway.. who knows we may see you at a show this year with an RV or an European MH.

All the best

Bob & Sue and of course Ezzie.

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Congratulations on the babies arrival.

Brave taking a baby in a motor home... Young children take up a lots of space with all there needs.

So it is back to emptying the cassette toilet..!!!!!! you will miss the holding tanks on a yank. I only ever owned one European and once I owned an RV I never wanted to go back. The luxury you get on an RV is just to hard to replace in a European unless you spend silly money. Certainly double what you paid for your Winnebago... shame it is still unsold.. thought I saw it recently on my way to Redhill (St Marcus to get some South African items... stocking up for the start of the season at Peterborough in a couple of weeks)...

Mind you Garry as you know my Winnebago is only 23'9" long.... but a bit small for two adults and a young one.

Why not give the RV another go while you try and sell it.. Stick to the UK where you are never far from home. Breaking down in Switzerland would worry even the most experienced motor home owners. Reasonably priced RV's are moving on ebay, but a lot of the more expensive items are not moving. Still a buyers market it seems. Perhaps give a few shows ago, As said Peterborough is a few weeks away and the MHF booking closes after weekend.... see the Peterborough links on the site...

Of course in May there is Newbury again... not many RV's going as 60 RV's are going to Oswestry again (we went last year) but have decided to say nearer to home... the long distance mileage and other work issues meant we had to pull out in January. Oswestry is the same weekend as Newbury this year. Looking forward to it, seeing some of our friends with European motor homes.

We are heading to France for June and in July we are doing the Rutland Water MHF/RVOC meet like about 80 others.. August will see us at Malvern yet again.. still the best one of the year in my view.

Anyway.. who knows we may see you at a show this year with an RV or an European MH.

All the best

Bob & Sue and of course Ezzie.

Thanks Bob

We didn't expect to sell it really until this season so hopefully soon.

We are having a cottage holiday in Cornwall early June 4 adults and a baby in the car should be interesting:Eeek:

We just feel a smaller European mh with a better layout would be more usable more often

Cheers
Gary

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
I see your RV every day on the road looks really nice rig I am sure it will sell you have it in a first class position bang on the A22. Good luck with your next purchase. I have a Autosleeper Pollensa on a Ford Transit chassis would not be without it goes everywhere and economical.

Bob

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
I see your RV every day on the road looks really nice rig I am sure it will sell you have it in a first class position bang on the A22. Good luck with your next purchase. I have a Autosleeper Pollensa on a Ford Transit chassis would not be without it goes everywhere and economical.

Bob

Thanks Bob

Just what we need a manageable sized go anywhere economical mh. Apart from layout we used to take the Elnagh Baron out almost every weekend just for days out.

Cheers
Gary

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Having had an Elnagh Baron for a year then deciding that a 32ft RV was for us and after a holiday to lake Garda last August decided to sell the RV and give up motorhoming (although not yet sold the RV) we are having second thoughts about giving up completely and considering that in fact the Elnagh was just the wrong layout for us (could only lounge at the dinette and bed over garage - don't enjoy the climbing about) we in fact had alot of fun in it and the RV although great just too big and not practical to use as much as we did the Elnagh, days out etc.

So now and especially now that Alexander was born a month ago we are considering a 4 berth low profile about 19 to 22ft fixed side rear bed, swivel seats and side sofa etc and thinking maybe that will be more practical to take out at weekends, easy when on holiday to leave the pitch for the day and go off somewhere, we ended up hiring a car in lake Garda cause can't take a 32ft RV off the day easily. Fuel consumption is a major issue as well although we knew it, when your actually putting €200 a hit in the tank it brings It home let alone tears to the eyes.

So potentially may be back on the road in an mh :thumb:

Cheers
Gary
IT Costs to lay on top, you need a morgage to travel that thing around ,but as the saying goes, comfort costs, but also a charter holiday would be the same costs, so its swings and roundabouts A?, cheers Alf.:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back