Jun 9, 2009
Dover, Kent
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since April 2009.
Hi All :winky:

Just thought I would start a thread and ask funsters what they are doing over the May bank holiday weekend. It would be good for funsters to list events that are happening in their locality.

I will start with the Sweeps parade in Rochester: Link Removed

Regards

Green Machine

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well, Im working on the Saturday all day. On Sunday I am off to see my beloved Crystal Palace fc take on Sheffield Wednesday in an attempt to stay in the championship, Back to work on Monday and thats the lot.

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
"what they are doing over the May bank holiday weekend"

Motorhoming.

Ashill in Norfolk for a weekend with daughter and her family with their caravan.

Rain forecast tho' :cry:

Sandy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

e20rod

Free Member
Mar 8, 2010
Inverurie
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just started!
Motorhoming in Sandend (nr Banff on the Northeast coast of Scotland) for us. Friends have a cottage there and we're on the site. Hoping for good weather as there's not much to do in Sandend if its wet!

Cheers,

Rod.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
This bank holiday weekend we have decided to stay home and work on our house which we started renovating last year and due to unforseen circumstances is still ongoing. The plasterer was due to start this week and has let us down, grrr, so not a happy bunny because we could of then at least of got started on the kitchen.

All enjoy whatever you have planned.

Dale

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
We're off to the Darley Dales Steam Fair Friday to Monday with Pete Waterman opening the fair.

Plenty to do and see, even travelling on the trains.

There's a little rain forecast too but who cares, we're not at work.:winky:

Pammy & Geo

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well, Im working on the Saturday all day. On Sunday I am off to see my beloved Crystal Palace fc take on Sheffield Wednesday in an attempt to stay in the championship, Back to work on Monday and thats the lot.

I wish you and your team good luck Paul.

I will be at the Cathredral of the Enlightened Ones (Eastlands) watching the struggle for Europe continue against the Villa...

JJ

Bath City won the first leg of the semi-final play-off against Chelmsford last night.... (2-0) (dodgey pen and a tap in against the run of play... two shots, two goals... maybe it is our year...Conference here we come)

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Nothing planned this bank holiday weekend, few jobs need doing around the house.
Also got new doggy so will be taking him for some long walks, and maybe goingto carboot.
Those going away have a great time

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999

And I'm praying that you lose.
I'm helping my son with his house which is near Hillsborough. We are excavating his cellar and if things go badly we might bury the remains of a once great team down there.
:cry::cry::cry:

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
bankholiday

just found out off this weekend was goin to
truckfest £75 for weekend camping but been told because
van 28.5 ft i have to pay extra £ 40 for 2.5 ft over 26 ft
so havin re think was lookin at llandudno festival but thats
my van had a disagrement with a landrover

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Country and Western weekend for us at Trimpel sports club Morecambe, YEEHAA

Ruddy

Free Member
Feb 24, 2009
Haverhill,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
> 1yr
Im off to Clock House Farm in Glemsford to try my new gas/electric water heater :thumb:

Plus he lets me fly my heli's in the paddock ::bigsmile:

I might have to have a break from driving though....as it's a full 20min drive away :ROFLMAO:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Staying pretty local. Probably just nipping down to Llangollen saturday and sunday night at the C&CC temporary holiday site as don't need to book and it's only 45 minutes away.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
We don't usually go anywhere on bank holidays but this time we're going to Stoneleigh for the National Kit Car Show, £50 for two nights on site camping including entrance:thumb:.

D.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We are going to Fraisthorpe on a rally , with a club we are members of .
Its just a massive field next to the beach. No hook up or a pub in walking distance:cry:(Unless you fancy the long walk down the beach to Brid )
The kids , can catch up with their pals in the group and will be taking their wet suits and body boards . They shall be in the sea what ever the weather :Doh:
Jacob will be taking his big kite and Isaac his beach skateboard thingy . He might even manage to take to the air with it , using Jacobs kite this time.
There will be things planned for all the kids to do , and as always , at least a couple of marquees , complete with lights and heating for the ralliers to use.
Its not a very good forcast , but what ever the weather we shall enjoy it.

I would prefer wall to wall sunshine though please:Cool:
Bev

Alfa_Scud

Free Member
Oct 29, 2009
East Lancs
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
After being away in t'camper for the last couple of weekends, we're going up to Carnforth to the family static for a week. Doing the Keswick half marathon on Sunday, then spending the remainder of the week cycling, walking, running & boozing :thumb:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
We're off to the Darley Dales Steam Fair Friday to Monday with Pete Waterman opening the fair.

Plenty to do and see, even travelling on the trains.

There's a little rain forecast too but who cares, we're not at work.:winky:

Pammy & Geo

So are we see you there. Was hoping to get some serious motorbiking done of the Peak District. Plus also a ride on the steam train.

Pat

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
Spending the weekend on the C&CC Slingsby site with the kids and grandchildren. It will be our last get together ;til we return from our 6 week trip around France and Italy. Shame about the weather forecast.
:Sad:

rayncaz

Free Member
Apr 15, 2010
barrow in furness
Funster No
hi all, we are going to the east coast fri till mon, it looks like its going to rain all weekend, is a bit of a pain only because the roof has just got a leak, we ordered some stuff of the net but its not come yet,
carolx

essexsj

Free Member
Dec 10, 2009
Rochford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Having just bought a Thule 9502 2-bike rack, for our campervan, we will be taking our bikes down for a cycle along the sea wall at TwoTree Island, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex upto Benfleet and back and a cooked lunch. This is in preparation for a our trip away to Ullswater for the Bank Holiday weekend at the end of May.

Mrs essexsj is getting quite excited as we haven't used the 'van for pleasure yet :Blush:

No doubt there'll be plenty of things we learn the hard way by being newbies and all :Eeek:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Working 12 hour shift for the 3 days :cry: Camp site 3 out of 5 pitches booked which is good for a bank holiday as we know loads of folk don't go away :Smile:
Have fun what ever you are doing :thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Going to CL site near Llangollen all being well. Lots of books at the ready in case the weather impossible and sun cream in case I hit lucky.:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Off on the bike to Oulton Park Cheshire with my lad and a couple of mates.:thumb:

British Super Bike round 3 it'll be brilliant whatever the weather::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Jans gotta stay home someone coming to view our house. We sold it once then the buyer dropped out 2 days before exchanging contracts, we even cancelled our trip to the states because of the sale.:Eeek:

blongs

Free Member
Mar 25, 2010
Goole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are still in discussions about it all at the moment.

We may go to the Spalding Flower Parade, a look around the internet shows this to be a good event with 80,000 visitors a year. Its also one of the few events on Sat within 100 miles of home.

Monday I think we may go mountain biking in the opposite direction of Dalby Forest.

Who knows?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We are heading for perth for the weekend hopefully weather will be ok. If not just had a globe sat fitted so at least we will get tv i think:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
Drag Racing at York Raceway for us.
Taking the Toad (MX5) and running in a proper class instead of the usual Run Wot You Brung.
Not much good if it's wet, though! :Sad:

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
we're going to the loughborough boat show thingy on saturday afternoon/evening,

but having read about the darley dale steam fair, we may well go there sunday.

tho i cant seem to find any info about the darley dale steam fair, any links to it??

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Were staying local, we will have a troll about in the car.

June is working on Sunday night so we tried to book a site for two nights, Fri &Saturday but nobody would accept a two night stay over the Bank Holiday even though they had plent of space (or so they said).

June got fed up ringing around after a while. I wonder how many of these sites will be full on the night.

Jim
:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back