Apr 26, 2017
Essex
Funster No
MH
Travel Van
Exp
I'm a newbie
hello,
I've owned my 2009 travel van for about six months. It came fitted with the satelite TV system with a Maxview MLX 002 dome secured to the roof. When I turn on the system the dish automatically whirs in to action searching for the satelites. Unfortunately it never finds any so no signal is found. It shows on the TV screen the last software update was 2006 and that software is "up to date", but this cannot be the case.
There is no USB connection to make any update externally and Maxview, in an email, said the system was obsolete. I find this hard to believe, especially as Maxview state on their website that " Maxview offers free lifetime software updates for all our automatic satellite systems."
I was told (at a recent motorhome show) that it should be possible to update the system within the dome itself. Has anyone else got this system working ?
I don't need to watch every to station there is so just a few basic channels would do!
Thank you in anticipaaaation of your advice, SF

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
This might help with the problem - and it confirms that updates are never needed.

Google is your friend :).

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We have the same Maxview dome as your selves, when we bought it 2nd hand it worked fine, then after a few months, it did the same, just searching but not finding anything, we manually go into the settings and search some channels, I think we should get more, but finding just a few helps.
let us know if you get yours sorted @Sherbetfountain

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Sherbetfountain

Free Member
Apr 26, 2017
Essex
Funster No
MH
Travel Van
Exp
I'm a newbie
This might help with the problem - and it confirms that updates are never needed.

Google is your friend :).

Hi Tony, what is it that might help the problem, or is there something I'm missing ? I've put every format I can think of in to google and it hasn't helped so far. Thank you anyway.

OP
OP
S

Sherbetfountain

Free Member
Apr 26, 2017
Essex
Funster No
MH
Travel Van
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have the same Maxview dome as your selves, when we bought it 2nd hand it worked fine, then after a few months, it did the same, just searching but not finding anything, we manually go into the settings and search some channels, I think we should get more, but finding just a few helps.
let us know if you get yours sorted @Sherbetfountain

I'll keep you posted! Thanks, good to know you get something.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back