Maxview Max-Dome Fully Automatic Satellite System (1 Viewer)

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
want to get one of these fitted, does anyone know a place in leeds that can fit it please ? :Sad:
Maxview Max-Dome Fully Automatic Satellite System

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I had mine fitted by Rhino installs a mobile company In the north west I would highly recommend an excellent firm to deal with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
I had mine fitted by Rhino installs a mobile company In the north west I would highly recommend an excellent firm to deal with.

any contact details please ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Roadpro [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Camos" Static Satellite....any good ?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Roadpro [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Camos" Static Satellite....any good ?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

We have had a Camos 40 static for about 4 years which came from Roadpro and was fitted by Dave Newell. The Roadpro badged version is the latest incarnation. It has worked very well for us although I am not expecting to get UK FTA stations much further south than Central France since the Astra2 changes at the beginning of this year.

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
We have had a Camos 40 static for about 4 years which came from Roadpro and was fitted by Dave Newell. The Roadpro badged version is the latest incarnation. [HI]It has worked very well for us although I am not expecting to get UK FTA stations much further south than Central France since the Astra2 changes at the beginning of this year[/HI].

This is the very reason I have decided not to re-fit my Maxview 007 dome (since it's expensive rebuild). Most of my time in the van is spent further afield now and I know it does not pick up much now past mid France. Before the satellite changes I could pick up in northern Spain with ease.
However, if I were to spend more time in the Uk I would not hesitate in fitting it. :thumb:

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
PRODUCT CODE: MXL003 SEEKER WIRELESS FULLY AUTOMATIC SATELLITE SYSTEM £2000 + vat getting it fitted in 2 weeks,,,,85cm dish......:thumb::thumb:

biggsy

Free Member
Apr 1, 2012
Hull
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Don't know what the "wireless" bit of your Maxview description is, but that seems very expensive. Jacksons fitted a Mecatronic 85cm automatic dish for me, at my home, for around £1600 last year. Very fine job done, and an excellent product, though not tried abroad yet (two weeks!)

Mike

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
:winky: £2000 plus VAT is ......£2400!

Hence my suggestion to check the price.

Eddie

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
:winky: £2000 plus VAT is ......£2400!

Hence my suggestion to check the price.

Eddie

The price of this system is £2099.00
Standard installation charge to the one main T.V point @ £240.00
Installation charge to additional T.V points @ TBA
Overnight Camping at Cornish Farm Touring Park whilst the work is carried out @ Included
For any additional questions or for further information please get in contact with one of our Team.

will cost me in fuel from leeds to there and back so still better off at 2400.00:Sad:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The price of this system is £2099.00
Standard installation charge to the one main T.V point @ £240.00
Installation charge to additional T.V points @ TBA
Overnight Camping at Cornish Farm Touring Park whilst the work is carried out @ Included
For any additional questions or for further information please get in contact with one of our Team.

will cost me in fuel from leeds to there and back so still better off at 2400.00:Sad:

Actually I wasn't "touting" as I much prefer the Oyster systems.

However, £2099 less your exclusive "Funsters discount" is £1889.00:winky:

I simply thought that £2K plus VAT seemed too much money.

Personally I would go for a dome, KVH or Megasat and save hundreds of pounds.

Useable in high winds and when it's there's thunder and lightening around, when the weather is crap and your likely to want to sit in the van and watch TV. :shout:

At Hurst View over Easter, my friends Jeff and Susy had to park their Kathrien as we were getting 80MPH gusts of wind! We all ended up in our motorhome watching TV KVH R4 circa £1500 Kathrein Cap 910 circa £2300

Always lots to think about before parting with your money, especially satellite TV :thumb:

Good luck :Smile:

Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back