Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
hi ...am thinking of getting an automatic sat system fitted to our motorhome. Both max view and oyster come in around the same price for a 85cm system so is there a preference in terms of quality, reliability or ease of use?

Regards

Chris

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Bought and installed a Alden AS4 from Broken Link Removed

The kit is easy to install, comes with everything you need including the Sikaflex to glue to the roof..

the only sat system that comes with a
  • LIFETIME WARRANTY on satellite system
  • Two year warranty on controller

great bit of kit.. better than Oyster.. and it's made in France

Funsters get a discount from vanbitz

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
If you are staying in this country, get a dome. Says the man with an Oyster dish, which is a pain in the arse in high winds, particularly lately. If it helps though, the Oyster has been fault free now for five plus years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Can not comment on the max view I have an oyster great bit of kit never had a problem in four years

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Interesting.....the Alden has the smaller dish....anybody used it in France/Spain recently?
yes.. no problems locking onto Astra in South of France ..not tried in Spain.. yet

On the the aire at Mimizan Plage we were next to a van with an Oyster, the owner came to see me to ask if I was getting locked on to Astra UK channels..

I said yes.. no problem.,.. he said couldn't get his Oyster to lock on.. .so he moved up the aire to try and finally got a signal.. maybe just a glitch..

later he came to see how the Alden performed... he was impressed at the ease and speed it found the satellite and locked on.. about 40 secs..

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Maxview fitted to our MH when bought 3 years ago, worked well apart from tree issues that I think would affect any satellite, even worked in Scottish 80mph winds last January, very easy set up, fully auto, have used down to Granada in Spain, but full UK channels lost below Bordeaux (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We have a max view - but it's the mandraulic crank up type and it works fine. You very soon work out how to point it at the satellites.

Deleted User
I've got an Oyster for sale, but I wouldn't buy it if I were you, apparently its rubbish ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back