Mattress topper

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Coolbeanz, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

I am about to order a mattress topper from Memory Foam Warehouse and wondered if any of you can guide me on the comfort difference with the different densities? I plan on ordering a 5cm small double but am unsure whether to order the 45, 60 or 75kg density. Do any of you have any experience of the difference in comfort, if any? Would there be much difference between a 5cm 75kg and a 7.5cm 60kg as there is not much price difference? Any help would be appreciated. :BigGrin:

2. teddybard

teddybard Read Only Funster

Dont know what the price is but Aldi are selling
    Memory foam K size at about £200 for the full job
    not just a topper:BigGrin:

3. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

Thanks for that but it needs to be a topper that I can roll up and out of the way. :thumb:

4. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

i too have been looking for some sort of topper that can be rolled up.Surely they dont weigh in at 60 and 70kg? That wouldnt be something you could just tuck out the way.Am i being a little daft?:Blush:

5. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

If you look on memory foam warehouse you will see the toppers come in 3 densities. I am also a bit confused by the weights but I understand it is to do with the comfort levels although what the mattresses would actually weigh I don't know.

6. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

I have just spoken to a very helpful lady at the Warehouse who advised me that a small double 60kg 7.5cms weighs less than 10kgs. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  7. busby

busby Funster

Those ratings are something to do with firmness, its 70 gms per square cm. Think thats what it is for.

8. BwB

BwB Funster Life Member

The weights given are for the 1 cubic metre of the foam. They get slightly harder to the first feel as the weight increases but are generally more supportive. They are all pretty good but I'd go with your own body build as to which weight topper to have. If you have the body of a lightweight build go for the lowest kg, the medium for medium and if like me you're a bit of a heavyweight then you might find the higher kg is the one to go for.

I purchased two toppers a couple of years ago (cheapies with no KG rating shown) which I never used for what they were bought for. They went on the overcab bed one christmas to store out of the way but the next time I used the van I left them on and they are still on there as it's so comfortable (that's 2 x 2.5cm toppers) the down side is that to turn over in bed you have to lift yourself out of the "mould", turn over and lay back down again. Then it snuggles around you again.:Laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

Just been on the site and theres no mention of re rolling. Im not altogether sure they are designed for this? As its memory foam the rolled ones generally take a few hours to rise and be able to roll?

10. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

• Like Like x 1
  11. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

We have been rolling up our double topper for the last 2 years with no I'll effects, we also bought extra covers of eBay that have a zip on three sides for ease of fitting over the existing cover and use these as our bottom sheet

• Like Like x 1