Mattress Topper advice

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by Stewart J, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

Looking to purchase a mattress topper anyone have any recommendations :thumb:

When our 16 month old grand-daughter accompanies us she sleeps in the fixed bed with OH, I end up on the lounge bed and as we have a half dinette (AT Mohawk) and all those extra seat cushions don't make for the most comfy of sleeps:Eeek::Eeek:

2. Terry

Terry Funster

• Like Like x 1
  3. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Or your worst enemy

Raskelf / Duralay HERE
    I guarantee I wont be the only one to recommend from personal experience this companies product

Be warned the Raskelf 2" single, will cost a touch more that the e-bay 5" Kingsize:Eeek:

But as the little China man said

Good ---No Cheap :thumb:
    Cheap ---No Good :Doh:

• Like Like x 5
  4. spitfire

spitfire Funster

Remember this is only an occasional use so E Bay job would probably do. We bought ours from Ikea and just cut the corner and have been very happy with it .

5. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

As Geo just said, Raskelf is the only way to go. Fantastic product.

6. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

I just took delivery of one from memoryfoamwarehouse. It was made to my measurements to fit our dining area in the MH and I ordered the 7.5cm depth with a coolmax cover. We have just spent our first weekend on it and it was so comfortable. I didn't wake up in pain once compared with our previous trip when I was in so much pain I barely slept. The service was excellent and swift. :BigGrin::BigGrin:

http://www.memoryfoamwarehouse.co.u...toppers/?gclid=CLnb3NiY-LUCFRDKtAodkkQABg&p=3

7. Terry

Terry Funster

WHILE i don't knock Raskelf / Duralay at all :thumb: The bloke who surplied the foams for my van said that basically they are all much the same --Just like the foam for the seats it comes in soft medium and hard only he described it as density :Smile:Also said don't go for any more thickness than 3 ins deep because it is so soft it gives virtually no support hence most mattresses are foam wjth a topper stuck to it ie 6 ins foam with 3 ins memory foam giving a total of 9 ins etc, --ideal topper thickness is 2 to 3 ins rolls up very small :thumb:BE aware some sell memory toppers with 1 ins foam and 1 ins memory foam as 2 ins memory foam toppers :Eeek:
    terry

• Like Like x 1
  8. herbies

herbies Read Only Funster

we got ours at dunelm good quality and value

• Like Like x 1
  9. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

10. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

I was just reading your post and noticed the banner ad underneath.......it was for "GETLAIDBEDS"
    :Laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  11. robnchris

robnchris Funster

Dunelm is the place to go, we got ours from their perfect suits our needs 100%.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Thats because you may have been going to 'naughty places' and your cookies have rumbled you!:Rofl1::Rofl1:

Get Adblocker to stop the banners or use Firefox

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  13. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

##

Alway use Firefox, now it's M & S showing the bathroom fittings that I looked at earlier........:BigGrin: Might need to by a "Surf Easy"

No "naughty places"......... honestly:RollEyes:

14. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Thanks for that Peter, got Adblocker installed, no more M & S and Debenhams ads, just those annoying Pecks Hill Garage and Johns Cross Motor ones:Rofl1:

15. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

shouldn't say this really but when adblock plus is installed, just right click on any ads that get through and click to block those too. speeds up page loading and saves bandwidth....shhhhh! don't tell anyone as the adverts provide a small income to help pay for the forum.:Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hillbum

Hillbum Funster

Probably too late in this post

I had exactly the same problem and after the first night being uncomfortable, I purchased a memory foam topper from
    http://www.memoryfoamwarehouse.co.uk/double-7-5cm-75kg-memory-foam-mattress-topper.html. :thumb:
    Best nights sleep I've had in awhile. Expensive but given I'm not a slim jim I needed something substantial. Only downside is that it is quite heavy and unwieldy to move about. During the day it stays on the fixed bed, then gets dragged to the made up one when needed.

17. Madwife

Madwife Deleted User

We bought a duralay double topper and it is fantastic. What a difference it has made and both of us have commented that we no longer wake up in pain.

I know they are expensive and the topper cost more than a double memory foam matress I bought for the guest room. however it is our home on wheels and we want a good nights sleep.

Kath and Howie

18. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Raskelf / Duralay are the best, look after yourself you only have one back and you'll miss it when it's gone. You can go down the cheaper route but comfort, to me, is everything. Northing beats a good night sleep.

• Like Like x 1
  19. oldun

oldun Read Only Funster

But how do you know that he knows what he is talking about. We find posts on here about salesmen etc you give you nothing but ... well lies