Massive thanks to upmarkethippy (1 Viewer)

FirstJood

Free Member
Aug 7, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
more than 5 years
I posted a good few days ago of a problem I had with my electrics and the extremely poor service from a mainstream caravan/motorhome dealer.
upmarkethippy picked up on it and offered to have a look at said problem....once another failure on the mainstream caravan/motorhome dealer had been dealt with, :cry: (they blew the main engine fuse and took 10 days to replace it), arrangements were made and I took the van to upmarkethippy to be seen.
upmarkethippy looked at the problem, sussed out what was wrong and gave me the options of repair....Once I had decided which repair suited, (and purchased a new leisure battery as the van had been sold to me with a heavy duty van battery as a leisure battery and the mainstream caravan/motorhome dealer had not picked up on this when I took it in for the faulty electrics), upmarkethippy told me what was needed to do the repair, the parts were purchased for less than £12.....12 quid and replaced.
This sounded like a simple job and the repair likewise but when you look at the spaghetti type mass of electrics that go inside a van, to work out what was wrong and then to fix it, was to me, nothing short of brilliant....never mind the relatively inexpesive cost of the parts. The mainstream caravan/motorhome dealer quoted £40 AN HOUR to do the job and in my opinion I would NOT have had such a good job done, so
MASSIVE THANKS TO UPMARKETHIPPY for a job well done, I do know he is up for doing other jobs and I would have no hesitation in recommending him for the job, if he can't do it he'll tell you and most of all he won't rip you off. So if you want his details then ask him or ask me, I have his permission to pass on his phone number if anyone wants it.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Firstjood,

It's great to hear that a fellow Funster was able to sort you out. :thumb:

I'm sure we'd all like to know who this "mainstream caravan/motorhome dealer" is. It's not Broonfools by any chance? Anyway, I hope you can see your way to spilling the beans, by naming and shaming. :winky:

Regards,

Jock.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well done Cheyne, (again), looks like we are going ot have to get you a bloody horse and some armour at this rate your a top bloke.:thumb:..:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Cheyne Is a star, he's a lovely bloke to. I to have had a seen the caring side from him and Lynda.

BionicPixie

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
non
Funster No
MH
Exp
Cheynes a great guy but DO NOT tour with him unless you want to sleep in a snowdrift, half way up a mountain in a pup tent...:ROFLMAO:

JJ

pup tent????? a roof tent with custom made ladder, if you please, and tied to the nearest tree to stop you falling off the mountain! :Smile: but his toilet on an open mountain with tarpaulin wind break is something else altogether ... being looked at by sheep in howling welsh special drizzle as WRC cars went hurtling past:Blush:

Seriously he also sorted out my electrics when they got 'fried' by a generator got quoted £232 for bits plus new battery and fitting on open ended guesswork! Cheyne sorted it for about £60 in parts and i did not have to get a new leisure battery as advised - it was a major fry-up!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
Cheynes a great guy but DO NOT tour with him unless you want to sleep in a snowdrift, half way up a mountain in a pup tent...:ROFLMAO:

JJ

To some JJ, that sounds like a brilliant holiday........ We enjoyed it so much we are now going back every year. There is no such thing as cold weather you know JJ, just the wrong clothes/sleeping bag.

We are taking bookings for a summer trip and also another January trip for next year.

( that is: we go in Land rovers and sleep in tents, sit around camp fire in evening)

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Cheyne any more good deeds and you are going to have to start wearing your underpants on top of your jeans:ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back