Marquis

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Melian, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Melian

Melian Funster

Hi All,

We are all quick enough to run down bad service, but i must praise Marquis of Plymouth.

Just to let you all know what great service i have had with Marquis, at Lee mill ,Plymouth
    My cooling unit had failed on my Dometic fridge, having phoned around and had silly quotes and time scales from some dealers, i called in to marquis last Friday, ordered and paid for it, and was surprised they said it would be with them on Tuesday, and sure enough it arrived from Germany Tuesday.

Great Service.:thumb::thumb:

Ian

• Like Like x 1
  2. JayDee

JayDee Funster

We always found Marquis at Lee Mill to be most helpful; in fact we never had any problems with Marquis at other locations either.

John

3. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Although inevitably there are variations between dealers and almost every dealer will get some bad comments, I must say that I never had any issues with Marquis and found them to be polite and very helpful.

4. Gunner29

Gunner29 Read Only Funster

Agree

Marquis in only a few miles up from me so I pop in occassionally on the way to Tesco Lee Mill to see Ryan Woodruff the salesman for a chat and bit off craic. :Rofl1:Did me proud when they bought me a new tyre which I mentioned in a previous post:thumb:

5. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I had a gas reg fail 2 years ago and they changed it for me without any problems when I just turned up on a bank holiday weekend

6. Sphgmo

Sphgmo Funster

Have often called in at the Lee Mill branch when on holiday.
    Always found them very helpful and friendly.

7. peter marshall

peter marshall

I bought a skirt rail off the Preston/Riversway branch 4 mts in length two workshops and none would either cut or lend me an hacksaw for a minute, service none told me they didn't have one, my fridge broke first thing they asked what make of MH when it was something they didn't sell said it would be 3 months before they could look at it , standard Thetford fridge, won't be going again. Pete

8. Sphgmo

Sphgmo Funster

I think that it is like any multi base companies- the service at each branch can vary.
    Not making excuses for them but I wonder of the "tool" problem was a Health & Safety issue.
    I was on a site this year when a motorcaravanner asked the lady warden if she had a ladder that he could borrow as he needed to get up to his van's roof.
    "Sorry" she said. But then added " but if you happen to see the storeroom door open- and a ladder inside...."
    She told me afterwards that they are not allowed to lend equipment under H & S rules in case the borrower has an accident.
    If you still have problems at Marquis I would suggest that you write to the MD, Mike Crouch. He is one of the "nice guys" in the motorcaravan business.

9. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi I know what you mean re the hacksaw but to say they had none in a garage was a bit rich, has it happens I managed to snap off a section across a drilled hole without damaging the rail so got it in the van and fitted ok. Pete

10. Spacerunner

Spacerunner Read Only Funster

They must be very different from the Southampton (Lower Upham) branch then.

Wouldn't trust that branch to fix or even sell me a wheelbarrow.