Marquis Surrey Motorhome

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by david32, Dec 28, 2009.

1. david32

david32 Read Only Funster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a new Sprinter 315 2148 2009 with a auto box 5 gears 1 2 3 4 D this is my first auto box i have driven and i hated it it does not know what gear to be in when on small country roads. Also when going through the gears the revs between each gear is so high that it is right round the rev counter and almost into the red come 2010 it will have to go so it got me thinking is this the same auto box that you gays have in the states if you where on straight roads it may be OK but not for me here in Ireland. o yes as for fuel that
    works out about 18 glas around town and 21 to 24 on long runs at a speed of 55 M P H i had a Fiat manual before the Sprinter and it was giving me about 25 around town and 28 to 30 on long runs sorry i moved over as the Sprinter has not worked out for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

I would be inclined to take it into a Mercedes Commercial Dealer and ask them to check it out.

Peter

3. spongy

spongy Read Only Funster

Hi David
    Sounds like a problem with the gearbox management. I have a 208 316 sprinter (rapido) with the 3 litre engine E400 gearbox probably the same as yours. It will adapt to your style of driving, light accelerator changes up sooner but if you accelerate hard it will rev much higher and takes time to readapt. I would not swop mine for a manual. Drove over the pyranees this year and it always knew what gear to be in.
    happy 2010

Spongy

4. david32

Yes what you say is right but when your sitting at a roundabout or a road junction if you drive away like a hearst not to bad but see your space and go for it
    then its right round the rev counter and just about to go into the red. So i now drive it from lift off like a hearst and to pot with the traffic behind me . Got it now about 6 weeks
    and i do not like it at all as for the fuel as i said it bad.

5. Spacerunner

Spacerunner Read Only Funster

Glad to see such courage in some members outing their selves. Is this a New Year's resolution? :BigGrin:

6. david32

7. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member