LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
A caravanning friend has just texted to ask if the sale of Marquis to the French will affect the purchase of my new van, which is on order with them.

Anyone heard anything as I can't find anything on the Internet.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I did read somewhere that Autosleepers had been sold, but cant remember to who, and Marquis was tied in to Autosleepers somehow. I will try and find where I read it.

OP
OP
Kingham

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for your replies.

It will be interesting to see if Trigano improve on Marquis' after sales and customer care, which often reportedly falls below par.

That said, I've always had a good relationship with their NE team, having bought a nearly new and a new Motorhome from them in the past, I had no hesitation going back to them to order a new Auto Sleeper.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Its the other way around i.e. Auto-Sleeper had a (controlling?) stake in Marquis and now Auto-Sleeper have been bought by Trigano (who indeed recently bought Adria)

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/m...ng-stake-in-auto-sleepers-and-marquis-lesiure
Yes - Auto-sleepers were a management buy out from SEA group and later took over Marquis. Now Trigano have the lot, vastly reducing meaningful competition

Reactions: f6c
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Yes - Auto-sleepers were a management buy out from SEA group and later took over Marquis. Now Trigano have the lot, vastly reducing meaningful competition

Trigano = adria, arcacamper, autostar, auto-sleeper, auto-trail.co.uk, benimar, caravans international, challenger, chausson, ci-motorhomes, elnagh, eura-mobil, font-vendome, karmann-mobil, mclouis, mobilvetta, notin, reisemobilforum, rollerteam, rollerteam motorhomes, tribute motorhomesBroken Link Removed

Oh my that's just the motorhome business

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Trigano = adria, arcacamper, autostar, auto-sleeper, auto-trail.co.uk, benimar, caravans international, challenger, chausson, ci-motorhomes, elnagh, eura-mobil, font-vendome, karmann-mobil, mclouis, mobilvetta, notin, reisemobilforum, rollerteam, rollerteam motorhomes, tribute motorhomesBroken Link Removed

Oh my that's just the motorhome business
The "like" was actually an "unlike" but you know what I mean ;)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
They are now looking at buying out Hymer as they want a common or garden motorhome for the masses. Lol ..

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Oh sh*t what next:(

Everyone will be going for the Classics and maintaining them themselves. In the end there are going to be probably four main players. Swift , Bailey , Hymer and Trianco. As others come up for sale then the names will just be gobbled up.

Mi58ck

Free Member
Aug 9, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since august 2012
Well I would never buy from marquis again.Once they've had your money forget it

Join us or log in to post a reply.