Marquis opening Durham branch (1 Viewer)

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Just had an email from Marquis (
Marquis Durham, Durham Road, Birtley, Chester Le Street, County Durham DH3 2QZ.
Marquis Motorhomes, part of the Auto-Sleepers Group are delighted to announce the freehold acquisition from 1st September 2012 of the premises just off the A1 at Birtley, Co Durham formerly occupied by Brownhills North East.
Marquis Durham is a strategic expansion for the UK’s largest dealer network and will become the tenth branch within its retail portfolio. The jobs of the existing twenty Brownhills North East staff have been secured, all of whom will be given opportunities within the new dealership. A warm welcome to the team has been extended and training for a seamless transition into the Marquis ethos has already begun.

So looks like Brownhills are closing another branch, only Newark left now. I am a Brownhills customer and I must say they have been ok with me, but I know others have a different opinion. I was just there couple of weeks ago talking to one of the young salesmen, nothing said then.
I must go have a look see when Marquis take over, anyone had dealings with them, good or bad.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
No wonder Brownhills closed the storage operation down at Birtley if that is what they were planning.

We looked at Brownhills in January when we were finding a replacement for our smashed Autoquest. Apart from the fact that they had little in stock we had no approach from any staff so they didn't seem that keen on selling. We went past on the bus in early July, though, and they seemed to have plenty of stock at that time.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
How the mighty have fallen.

Brownhills dominated the market for a long time and ignored their bad press.

The loss of the Hymer Franchise was, I believe, the final nail. Newark may survive.

I was there yesterday and it was like a ghost town, but so was Lowdhams, and Fullers, not good for a bank holiday.

I wonder if Marquis will learn from Brownhills mistakes.

Pete:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Makes sense now and I did wonder that it would be a matter of time before it was closed. The reasons they gave for closing storage never really made sense. Good to see the staff will have a fresh opportunity.

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
No personal knowlege but was talking to a Marquis customer on a site last week who said "never again". Not sure which branch he had been dealing with. He had had to take his MH back a number of times and was not impressed with their after sales.

The only problem I can remember he mentioned was they had put studs along the van on which he fastened his draft skirt when using a privacy room, they put the studs on with far to big screws and left them sticking out the other side, including the garage door where one of his grandkids caught themselves on it.

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back