Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Just been watching it and didn't realise how the film was going to end.

Boy did it bring back memories of my Bruno.

Feeling somewhat sad now.

Film say's it all really about having pets and how we get so attached.

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I read the book and it had me in tears but I usually avoid the film versions though this one had me tempted. :Smile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes I read the book also but had forgotten the ending, alas i too was lucky enough to have a wonderful dog ( a bitch in my case...Jade) oh how I miss her, she was my shadow... xx

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Always reminds me of a dog I had when young. Kim an Alsatian. - absolutely gorgeous:cry:

Dafodil

Free Member
May 6, 2011
surrey
Funster No
MH
Golden oldie
Exp
A whole year!
I've wanted to see this film for a while now,but bad timing.......Having lost my faithful friend last week, thought it was a tear too far.......i'll wait till i'm a little stronger.............??

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Doesn't exactly endear you to having a dog though, the story line I mean, depicts the dog as being really hard work and they are not if handled properly, I've has Susie nearly 14 years now and she isn't like Marley at all, would put me off getting a dog if I Didnt know about having one.
I certainly shed a tear at the end though as I was thinking about Susie and how dreadful that is going to be when it comes to her time...:cry:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am so stupid, i watched it as a comedy and it was to start with although could not understand why it was fact based.

Bruno was an individual, never had a dog like him, sat me on my ar$e quite a few times being so powerful. I had so many times when I was cross with him but when it come to it we just laughed, who could be cross with him? :hug:

But I understood ever minute of Marley last few day.

Good film all the same.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
That is the thing with dogs, they all have their our character and no two dogs are the same!

Remember an old lab we had called Sam, he was a 'perfect' lab in breed terms - his character was playful and he was a strong, very loving dog. He died a 2 after getting a virus from his food.

After a year or so (swearing no more!) we got Toby - different kettle of fish. At first he was so nasty, never having been trained, and would attack anyone he could. But love, trust and some long, hard training, turned him into something quite special! He was always cheeky, always up to something - but he had a character!

My other half at the time was an estate agent - and we would have dinner parties for her bosses and so on - posh get togethers etc. Toby would be briefed to behave......a little glint in his eye and a smile, and he would disappear.

Then as everyone was settled and enjoying the gathering, Toby decided it was high time he took centre stage - in the only way he knew how!

He sloped off upstairs, quietly. Went into the bathroom and pulled over the washing basket. Selecting only the undies and bras, he would return with a big smile, waving them about the room and tossing them onto the dinner table!!

The interesting thing is - Toby was classed as not suitable for rehoming, as was due to be put to sleep, if he failed this time - we nearly did send him back, something I never do. Just think what joy we would have missed??

He certainly was a character....but no better or worse that Sam - they were two different dogs!

Maybe sometime soon, you might be ready for another John, you sound like you are almost there. Maybe a more managable breed that suits your siuation, who knows? But you have alot of love to give one that hasn't a home right now - even if it is only his last years, you would make them his best!:thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Brought back so many memories, some good, some bad, my two dogs, Lady and Penny they were 16 years old when they died, Lady had to be put down as she had bad legs, she couldnt stand. and Penny died in my arms. They was both part of the family.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back