LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Went and paid our first months site fee`s today,, albeit a week late as we were not here.

500 odd Euros,, but each month you stay it goes down,, the longer you stay it gets quite reasonable, and the facility`s are excellent.. Must use them to get your monies worth,, "But",, we took our electric meter readings start and to date,,

That will be 89 euros,, :Eeek: we have been here for just over 5 weeks and 2 N half weeks we were not here (Back in the UK) so had we of been here for the whole 5 half weeks I reackon the bill would have been at least double..

All we use is TV/Computer/boiler occasionally/ and fridge/freezer,, I have been informed they buy from the electric board 11 cents a unit and sell to customers (ie campers) for 28 cents a unit,, :whatthe:

Last year because of the ressesion a lot of sites pegged their charges and some to try and entice visitors dropped them,, but not Marjal,, a few regular snow birds are seriousley thinking of giving this site a miss.. dont think I can blame them,, the few times we have stayed it has gone up considerably.. and I will give some thought as to if we come back.

Before any body says you knew when you went, it is very hard to work out what the overall cost will be when they now seem to have so many variasions of charges.

Check with them first and if possible get them to e.mail what exactly they are going to charge for the time you have allowed to stay on site.

cyclingdoglucy

Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
retired vehicle
Exp
retired 4 months
rip off

you must be lottery winners ?, congratulations & good luck , but most of all thanks for the warning.:winky:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Killing the bird that layed the golden egg springs to mind.:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Baggins

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
killing the golden goose - indeed

I would have voted with my feet - or wheels in this case.
:Angry:
Spain has a worse property crisis than us - and that's saying something - so 'killing the Golden Goose' is certainly very apt.

AND last winter their weather was not up to much.

Greek Islands anyone?:Smile:

BW

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
500 odd Euros,, but each month you stay it goes down,, the longer you stay it gets quite reasonable, and the facility`s are excellent.. Must use them to get your monies worth,, "But",, we took our electric meter readings start and to date,,

We're paying €200 for December - going up to €250 a month in January - that's including EHU and wi-fi and cable TV ( 7 UK channels).:thumb::thumb:

But then we're not on the costa del rip-off!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
marjal WERE doing a deal, 299 Euro a month till Christmas, I have an email from them.

i saw this on another forum " Camping Alegria Benecarlo for 6 months £6 a night with electric"

Is there not better value sites around using ACSI card?

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
There is a really nice site in southern spain

We stayed at a hotel in Chiclana de la frontera and there was a fantastic camp site near there

Its just below Jerez, might be worth trying out xxxxx

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
There is a really nice site in southern spain

We stayed at a hotel in Chiclana de la frontera and there was a fantastic camp site near there

Its just below Jerez, might be worth trying out xxxxx

Hi Gail! We're just about 20 miles from Chiclana! Going there tomorrow to hire a car for when our son and grandson are over for Christmas. Where we are is east of there towards Cabo Trafalgar. Nice and tranquil - no high rise hotels etc - no Brit bars - just peace and quiet and gorgeous scenery and beaches!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Hi old-mo (Maurice). It is MUCH cheaper to run your Reefer on LPG NOT Electric. BTW, our electric is 35 cents a KW. It WAS 39 cents. :Eeek:

PS. Just leaving the Transformer plugged in was costing us 5 Euros a month. Our highest bill was 55 Euros (mas o minus) which was for running the Reefer, TV and laptop.
Leaving the charger (if seperate) plugged in ALSO uses electric. We have Solar power but still require the odd bit of on site electric. :Sad:

Camping Almafra is costing us 11.98 Euros a day. In January this goes UP to 15.15 Euros a day. :Angry:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi John,, Thing is I am not sure how long the auxhillary gas tank will last,, we are only using the cooker on gas and an occassional blast from the furnace.

We have an Delongi oil filled radiator to keep the temperature acceptable, in the evenings, so this is probably using most electric..

If we run out of gas we have to disconnect every thing,, water/sewage/sat-tv/etc and do a 40 mile round trip to top up!!! :Blush:

Few years ago this site was good value for money,,, but as people have said getting a bit dear now,, last time during the winter when we lived here and popped in to see some friends the place was heaving,, now there are loads of spare pitches,

Going to stay till the at least the 11th of Jan,, then praps move on,, or go home, not sure what to do yet.. Dont think my heart is in staying here really. :cry:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi John,, Thing is I am not sure how long the auxhillary gas tank will last,, we are only using the cooker on gas and an occassional blast from the furnace.

We have an Delongi oil filled radiator to keep the temperature acceptable, in the evenings, so this is probably using most electric..

If we run out of gas we have to disconnect every thing,, water/sewage/sat-tv/etc and do a 40 mile round trip to top up!!! :Blush:

Few years ago this site was good value for money,,, but as people have said getting a bit dear now,, last time during the winter when we lived here and popped in to see some friends the place was heaving,, now there are loads of spare pitches,

Going to stay till the at least the 11th of Jan,, then praps move on,, or go home, not sure what to do yet.. Dont think my heart is in staying here really. :cry:

Buck up Mo. These things are sent to try us

Jim

:Smile:

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi
We are paying 10.40 euros per night for 6amp leccy this includes 6 kw in the price and extras charged at .30 euros per kw. Last year ehu was fully inclusive in the price but some campers did not behave responsibly leaving halogen heaters on 24 hours in awnings and lights on even when out.
Cabo de Gata---Almeria--- currently sunny 16 % c
Wanderer

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Anyone fed up with Marjal and want to come to Zahora?:Smile:

€250 a month if you stay 3 months - all in! 16amp EHU ( I think!!:Eeek:) wi-fi and cable TV - only thing is it's A LOT quieter than where you all are! No Brit bars - No Full English - most people DON'T speak English - but beautiful area with empty beaches!:thumb::thumb:
Nice bar and restaurant - a few nice bars and restaurants in the area - good supermarket on site.:Smile:

Anyone got any questions just ask!!:Smile:

Here's a photo of our pitches today - we've got a lovely big area.

Attachments

• cshpinar.jpg
    cshpinar.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Thanks Maria,, will give it some thought,, thing is we have to return to the UK end of March Judy has a hospital appointment so would not be able to stay 3 months. have to be back in uk end of March or first couple of days in April. :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back