Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Fraid not me flower. skint, boracic..

Now if you said , come over to France for a bite of fish and chips cooked in lard, that would be somethimng else. I could save some money and manage that,,,:winky:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Fraid not me flower. skint, boracic..

Now if you said , come over to France for a bite of fish and chips cooked in lard, that would be somethimng else. I could save some money and manage that,,,:winky:

I totally agree.... and it must be dripping..... not this sunflower,rape seed oil crap:winky:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Are absolutly sure that you are at the right place and that you didnt take a wrong turning and ended up in the Taj Mahal?
Easily done, a few extra pints of John Smith's a Chicken Vindaloo and you end up in the Taj Mahal 'Oh deri me' extra special caravan park in Mumbai?

You never know these days....

Hehehe.....yep right turning:Doh: I think,,,Tom Tom said turn right or was it left ,:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Oh I forgot to mention..... they also do flood lit tennis still in use at the mo at 8.45pm....and a quiz night.... entry fee is 2 euros:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Right...

Time to start an organised campaign... you Thatcher children won't know what I am talking about but...

I plan to canvas all the Funsters going to the Marjal meet before hand and all the rest of the "campers" on arrival to see how many of us/them actually want to hear canned music...

If the significant majority want it on, ok... but if it is the reverse, we will form a committee, choose some shop stewards and make representations to the management and get it switched off...

Seriously... I will have great difficulty staying on a site if Frank Sinatra and the Carpenters are being forced on me...

May I suggest some Funsters bring bala-clavas (sp?) and wire cutters. With the right distractions and careful planning we should be able to cut the wires to the speakers in the night. An ideal distraction would be a group rendition of "Sunshine Mountain". If that doesn't work then a fight outside reception over gassing/toads on A frames or self filling of Calor bottles should give enough time and cover for the operation...

In the meantime maybe Raimon will read this thread and post info on the site's policy on Muzak...

JJ :Cool:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Right...

Time to start an organised campaign... you Thatcher children won't know what I am talking about but...

I plan to canvas all the Funsters going to the Marjal meet before hand and all the rest of the "campers" on arrival to see how many of us/them actually want to hear canned music...

If the significant majority want it on, ok... but if it is the reverse, we will form a committee, choose some shop stewards and make representations to the management and get it switched off...

Seriously... I will have great difficulty staying on a site if Frank Sinatra and the Carpenters are being forced on me...

May I suggest some Funsters bring bala-clavas (sp?) and wire cutters. With the right distractions and careful planning we should be able to cut the wires to the speakers in the night. An ideal distraction would be a group rendition of "Sunshine Mountain". If that doesn't work then a fight outside reception over gassing/toads on A frames or self filling of Calor bottles should give enough time and cover for the operation...

In the meantime maybe Raimon will read this thread and post info on the site's policy on Muzak...

JJ :Cool:

Oh JJ I love music but when I want to listen to it... I do hope the management re-consider having this noise blasting out constantly .. in certain communal area's ok but throughout the pitches definitely "NO"

Kath x

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I can't imagine anyone would want canned music all day.Sounds awful.

I hope they sort it out before the Funsters gathering.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I can't imagine anyone would want canned music all day.Sounds awful.

I hope they sort it out before the Funsters gathering.

Yes it seems to have been sorted......A lot quieter....in fact some places it is turned off yesterday it seemed to be coming from just around the PLAZA area....and of course mid day till 3 is SIESTA time....nowt at all.....

And the person with the trumpet as either gone home or swallowed it......

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Here you Marjal Funsters........Guess what....

You know that chap (funster) "JOHN" who got the special deal at the motorhome show, all in everything,...electric, ...activities,...... for two months :Eeek:....
:Eeek::Doh:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well were are paying on ACSI.....16 euros a night, with only ....4kw of electric per day..1 hour on my heating and thats gone!:Eeek::Doh:....all our activities seem to be extra.... cost

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Great bloke...nice couple him and his wife, nice neighbours, and good fun....:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL......:Doh:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
He came over on the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander...... booked it through one of the caravan clubs......HE ONLY GOT 7 camping checks ..FREE GRATIS:Eeek:...105 euros worth ...7 nights free camping......WOW ....now that is falling down the toilet and come up smelling of Roses.....Me I always come up smelling of S***

Knowing John,s LUCK...!All his Drinks at the bar, and food at the restaurant will all be in his price

I am well pleased for them... it could not have gone to a better couple........:Doh:YES it could ME:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Don't give him to much tease and grief... as me and wife have already done it.. they will still be here when you funsters arrive:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Ouch !!!

Yes it seems to have been sorted......A lot quieter....in fact some places it is turned off yesterday it seemed to be coming from just around the PLAZA area....and of course mid day till 3 is SIESTA time....nowt at all.....

And the person with the trumpet as either gone home or swallowed it......

OR......The aforementioned Trumpet has been inserted with some force into the owners orifice:Doh::Doh::Doh:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Heyupluv
You are still there. You have become
:Eeek: Institutionalised :Eeek: !!!
Jane :ROFLMAO:

Bob&Jane it is so good.... we have booked in for another two nights and who knows after that:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Electric bill ????

Why do you need so much leccy ? Forewarned is forearmed ! I shall be using gas for everything, cooking, heating and the the solar panel will charge up the batteries for lighting !
The only leccy I shall use is for charging up the leccy bike for the trek to the bogs etc ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
You Marjal funsters......bring some normal coax cable with connections on both ends one male one female..(not the sat type cable)...on each pitch has a TV connection....auto tune your TV to Digital....and you will get BBC1.BBC wales...ITV..ITV2...

Also Bring a length of waste pipe to run your grey water into waste water outlet, and a length of hosepipe to fill up, all on each pitch
:thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Why do you need so much leccy ? Forewarned is forearmed ! I shall be using gas for everything, cooking, heating and the the solar panel will charge up the batteries for lighting !
The only leccy I shall use is for charging up the leccy bike for the trek to the bogs etc ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ah Salopian.....I am gas refillable !!...not that easy to get in Spain,.... to run my alde wet central heating....after 7 days that is one 11kg bottle gone!! and that is only running for a few hours a day....lovely all round heating, second to none...also heats under the double floor, the garage....and that is not to mention the fridge the freezer the cooker the oven!!!!!!! so electric is needed to last...winter time ..summer time FINE.....we manage no problem in the summer we are and can be self suficient :thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Im dreading my next electric bill!

You have no fear of that JON...most of the time we had no heating on, and sat in heavy cardies and padded waist coats sat outside your place at night to keep warm and the 30 euros I gave you for the leccy will more than cover it!! I only pay that at home for a detached house!!...we never put on people or take friends for granted... and during the day outside your place it was hot sun, and not much cooking either:Doh:

Last edited:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
You Marjal funsters......bring some normal coax cable with connections on both ends one male one female..(not the sat type cable)...on each pitch has a TV connection....auto tune your TV to Digital....and you will get BBC1.BBC wales...ITV..ITV2...

Also Bring a length of waste pipe to run your grey water into waste water outlet, and a length of hosepipe to fill up, all on each pitch
:thumb:

Why so few channels ?
I am also gas refillable...There was a post saying that an English garage close by is having an LPG pump being fitted !! Stephen.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
This is the one !!!

And you still managed to take all those photos of empty pitches and missed my RV sitting in pride of place on the roundabout B001....Tut Tut.

The site has over 250 vans and caravans at the moment which is as many as the old site could hold. But this place is so large it looks empty still its early days for this site yet.
I would advise all funsters to bring a cycle you will find it invaluable especially popping down to the shop or reception.

Look forward to the new faces...

Kay & Stu

For info....I have been talking to Swan Autos an English garage near the old site just down the road at Guadamar, they are having an LPG tank & Pump installed, they're just waiting for the paperwork to go through will let yo know when they have it fitted.

I wonder how far they have progressed !:Cool:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Why so few channels ?
I am also gas refillable...There was a post saying that an English garage close by is having an LPG pump being fitted !! Stephen.

salopian.....when you have trouble getting any TV down here,....and a tugger behind me with a 1 meter dish can only get sky news......a few channels are better than nothing.....you can have up to 100 if you want many French, Spanish, German channels no problem,:thumb:

The refillable gas is it..... OPEN NOW....as I read it no but should be soon:Doh:

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Typical Yorkshireman. Just because they all grow up in the largest county in England. They think that next door is alongside. There are damn near two fields between us.
After all Mel has said he did help me out getting tv into my van. The points at the EHU are standard push in male connectors. Just run a cable from there to the back of your tv and tune in the digital channels. Plus, he and his good lady wife offered first aid after I took a fall. I thought I saw a centime on the ground and did a flying tackle that Wigan RFC would be proud of, scrapped all my knees and elbows. Of course it could have been the wine and the awning guy rope that did it.
The site really is fabulously clean and tidy and a lot of money has been spent on it.
As said the music is only at the car park entrance and round the plaza. Only heard a couple of hi de hi messages when we got here and they have stopped. Great selection of beer at the bar but it is pricey if you are here for a long time and I didn't manage a staff discount which I tried for. When I asked the barmaid for a discount she said something about roundabouts. My Spanish is non existent so I gave up on the idea.
To put the record straight it was my wife who managed the ferry deal. I had nothing to do with it.
ps. When we checked in here I was asked for identification and presented my photo card driving licence and my new ACSI camping card. The receptionist looked puzzled and asked why did I want to book in with ACSI and pay more as I had a special deal. The card was quickly put back in my wallet and all was well again.

pps. Whatever you pay to get here I am sure you will love it. http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/images/smilies/thumb.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back