Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks for that, I asked someone else, but never got the answer, I was wondering how we'd peg down an awning.

I can live with that. You should see the mud I hosed out of our ski locker after our last trip, I could have planted up a tree with it.

Only other thing that will interest us all is the supermarket.

If you get caught sending these messages will they hand you over to the secret police ? All the roads in Tenerif were built by the slave gangs of the secret police I'm told. So best keep your cyanide pill on you at all times.

Bring a very big hammer and ask the wife to hold the peg...I saw a Netherlands man trying to hammer in pegs with a claw hammer....BOY did he have a sore thumb after one peg and he left it still sticking halfway out in the end:Doh::cry::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We will check out the supermarket out and let you know:winky:

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Thanks for that, I asked someone else, but never got the answer, I was wondering how we'd peg down an awning.

Not seen the surface at Marjal yet but here it has the same description. "Very fine grit like cat litter". I use the heavy duty "rock pegs" and managed to peg out my awning very easily.
When I first saw the surface I thought OMG but was pleasantly surprised.
Heyupluv should be able to tell you if it is the same type of surface as here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Not seen the surface at Marjal yet but here it has the same description. "Very fine grit like cat litter". I use the heavy duty "rock pegs" and managed to peg out my awning very easily.
When I first saw the surface I thought OMG but was pleasantly surprised.
Heyupluv should be able to tell you if it is the same type of surface as here.

John the Le Manga grit was Large grit around 3/8" to 1/2" ....this is i/8" to 3/16" or even dust size grit...hope that helps

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Right me Old mate from Yorkshire, you can now tell it as it is?

Dancing Girls?
Strip joints?
Ganga dens?

Sounds as if you are having a whale of a time, Yorkshire men are usually easily pleased, John Smith beer, packet of pork scratchings, a copy of Whipet Breeders weekly and indoor lavies, end of...

Are you going soft in your old age?

Just lie back and think of Barnsley or Wombwell municiple baths...

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Just looked at the webpage and this is a view of Spain's best Campsite.

Mel, where shall we sent the Red Cross food parcels...

Chin up old boy....

Attachments

• car park.jpg
    car park.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 36

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Mel thanks for the update, good to have a idea before we get there. Are the pool's and Jacuzzi up and running, With the bikes how far can we get out of the site do you think.

In the day what is the temperature like (because its blinking freezing here today) with all the funsters I am sure things will liven up.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brian .....I noticed on another thread you are stopping at Saragoza on route down...

Not a whole lot of options as far as I can see. We did that route once before on the bike, my memory of it is "like the moon". We got off the boat and rode to Barcelona in one go.

Still, one night. We're British, we can do it.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Right me Old mate from Yorkshire, you can now tell it as it is?

Dancing Girls?
Strip joints?
Ganga dens?

Sounds as if you are having a whale of a time, Yorkshire men are usually easily pleased, John Smith beer, packet of pork scratchings, a copy of Whipet Breeders weekly and indoor lavies, end of...

Are you going soft in your old age?

Just lie back and think of Barnsley or Wombwell municiple baths...

Nar then
Dancing Girls?.....if only

Strip joints?.
.....I wish

Ganga dens?....Mmmm

Nowt like awd lad......the good times have gone......

Nar then BEER.....Brian asked...and wanted feedback,....well I have done some research...From a Brit behind me.....Spanish beer large glass 1.50 euros....Spanish pint size glass 2.00 euros as near as dam it it may come in a Carlsberg glass but it aint.....
Nar then again... he has a car because he is tugging....he said yes you are isolated here, not a lot around you....he said other Brits have said Thursday they do a meal ...and it is good for around 7 to 8 euros

Dave, I would say a Whale of a time, either my waste censor has packed up and flashing all the time or my waste tank is full and bunged up not sure which at the mo...Dave did you get the connection my awd mate..... WATER

John Smith beer, packet of pork scratchings, a copy of Whipet Breeders weekly and indoor lavies, end of the back yard..
thar what,.. nar thar talking Dave those was gud awd days

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Ssssssshush....I think somebody is reading my mail the music went off for couple of hours this after noon...just after I had posted ....its back on now.......OH and to TOP IT ALL there is somebody on here with a very large LARGE TRUMPET he just blows down it every now and again B***dy awful ROW its either a trumpet he can not play ...or one of those long mountain horns what a racket....I came here to chill out a bit of peace and quite...the place is filling up now

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Not a whole lot of options as far as I can see. We did that route once before on the bike, my memory of it is "like the moon". We got off the boat and rode to Barcelona in one go.

Still, one night. We're British, we can do it.
correct...it is like the moon one large step for mankind :winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
a very large LARGE TRUMPET

That rings a lovely bell -- Morocco, just arrived on site - Jazz. I thought that player is a bit loud but good taste. Went for a walk round, there was a full Dutch jazz band. Every year a load of Dutch tuggers congregate in Morocco and some of them play jazz, very very well. It was magic.

What do we get on FUN, George bloody Formby.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi

How far back are you from reception.

Can you actually here the tannoy and music where your motorhome is pitched.

Thanks for any feed back

Pat

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Mel thanks for the update, good to have a idea before we get there. Are the pool's and Jacuzzi up and running, With the bikes how far can we get out of the site do you think.

In the day what is the temperature like (because its blinking freezing here today) with all the funsters I am sure things will liven up.

Carol....the pool ...we can only say we saw some children heading towards the pool with towels.....Jacuzzi up and running...No Idea....

If you have a dog, a large dog, we don't find it that good for dog walking ......

The temps have been good the last four weeks...during the day polo shirt tee shirt most of the time.
The temps have around 16c to 21c sunny and very hot some times... nights 6c to 12c all been dry all the time.
Last night 6c and now it is 17c.........
I have always had a polo shirt on, some times shorts, sometimes jogging bottoms.
The bikes...scooters...the prices they quoted 20 euros for two hours or 60 euros for a day...i think she must have wrong ..BUT she wrote the prices down on the leaflet she gave me???..not sure if you are allowed out of the site with the bikes/scooters..your own bike as far as you want as long as you take your sat nav to get you back:winky:

Mel

Janele

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi

Thanks for any feed back

Pat

Well Mel your starting to sound like Victor Meldrew!!!! Id Shush a bit before they have you removed from the site!! You will be costing them money as funsters will be canceling their bookings!! Get yourself a Trumpet and join in!!! :thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi

Thanks for any feed back

Pat

Pat to answer your question not far from reception.....yes we can hear the TANNOY...where we are parked...and the music..........but the further away from reception it gets louder, there are speakers all around the camp...... where we are is better than some....the tannoy when that comes on it is LOUD enough but understanding what is said is another matter....it is in three languages...Spanish, German, English...telling the difference!!!!!!???? is hard :swear:

Janele

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Well here I am....sat on the Marjal site in Spain ......keeping the spots safe for your funsters meet...I will ask for the office to step up security ready for the arrival of Prince JJ & Princess Frankie:winky: ..I must say the weather has dulled off these last few days....... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Cool:.....Mel

Watch they dont send the heavies round and remove you from the site! :thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi

[HI]How far back are you from reception.

Can you actually here the tannoy[/HI] and music where your motorhome is pitched.

Thanks for any feed back

Pat

Close enough for this.......40 seconds in..[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhXRNI8WIME&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhXRNI8WIME&feature=related[/ame]

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well Mel your starting to sound like Victor Meldrew!!!! Id Shush a bit before they have you removed from the site!! You will be costing them money as funsters will be canceling their bookings!! Get yourself a Trumpet and join in!!! :thumb:

Good idea... I'll nip up to one of those Chinese shops and see if they have got a trumpet:Doh::ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Watch they dont send the heavies round and remove you from the site! :thumb:

Not a prob, just tell them that you are very distantly related to me and I will be over there with me druid stick to sort those speakers, a pair of wire cutters and the job will be done, no elf and safety, no Spanish firemen Jose and his mate Hose.

Listen me flower, I have drunk enough Stelle Rioja to sort out of those camp wardens, me and the other nutters will be on the way hot foot to darkest Portugal, of that have no fear.

Hasta le Vesta Prawn paeyallau.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
How can I get situation comedies etc. from u tube ? I have watched all my dvd's...boo hoo !

What do you mean "get them" ?

If you want to record them then use Firefox plus DownloadHelper, an add on it will guide you to installing.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Ok you Funsters
Marjal....to sum it up...lots of money has been spent to achieve this campsite..it is a nice big campsite built to a very HIGH STANDARD....it looks very good.... but at the moment it is still very new....and not quite finished, still just a little building work in progress for the chalet type huts....
But it takes time and people to make a campsite work, when we arrived it did look a bit empty, but today the site seems to be filling up with lots of new arrivals.....the OUTSIDE POOLS look spectacular...the toilet blocks Brilliant, built to a high standard,

But to me the camp seems isolated......and it does remind us of the old Butlin days...........

The Plaza seems to be all around the entrance / reception instead of being central to all pitches......we are ok, but if we were at the far end of the campsite it would be too far for us to walk.....but knowing that all you FUNSTERS are fit this should not prove a problem... but if not fetch your electric mobility scooter just in case.......happy holidays:Cool:

This is just my opinion, yours may well be very different

Last edited:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Are absolutly sure that you are at the right place and that you didnt take a wrong turning and ended up in the Taj Mahal?
Easily done, a few extra pints of John Smith's a Chicken Vindaloo and you end up in the Taj Mahal 'Oh deri me' extra special caravan park in Mumbai?

You never know these days....

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Are absolutly sure that you are at the right place and that you didnt take a wrong turning and ended up in the Taj Mahal?
Easily done, a few extra pints of John Smith's a Chicken Vindaloo and you end up in the Taj Mahal 'Oh deri me' extra special caravan park in Mumbai?

You never know these days....

Dave are you and mrs shitzz coming on the meet at marjal

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back