LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Some will recall I've said many rude things about Marjal after there in 2012, but we needed a stop and Marjal was just in the right spot and in ACSI.

So we book in for two nights. Get the bikes off because this place is so huge feet are not good enough and cycle around.

Well, financially it must be a success, despite it's huge size it must be 70% full. 15% is not even finished still. There was a C&CC rally on. Since 2012 there are a huge number of statics and the usual caravans that are there for life.

The toilet blocks, still first class, showers to die in, because it's so hard to leave the endless hot water. Pitches clinically exact with full facilities, though the bushes don't seem to have grown to given them a bit of privacy. They have installed some shade for summer use.

Restaurant menu was mighty uninspiring. Supermarket much smaller than we remembered, just about survival rations. The Spa was a bit pricey to tempt us, which shows what a good deal Jim got us for the meet.

I remember the only nearby town as a run down industrial town so in the end got up and lefter after one night.

So for me an excellent en-route stop but still it has no appeal whatsoever as a holiday location.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
on the other hand i was there in 2012 for a month with the funsters and enjoyed it, would definitely return in the future,difference is for the month i was there i hired a car and used marjal as a base to drive out from and see spain.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
difference is for the month i was there i hired a car and used marjal as a base to drive out from and see spain.

That is one massive difference. This morning I saw 3 bikers all setting off for a day out. Many or most pitches had a bike or car ( with caravan ) so not locked into the area. Scooters/bikes/quads are certainly "in" this year. As are massive "A" class MHs. There are some huge pensions being paid in Europe.

PS: if/when you return watch out for that post.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back