Marine / Motorhome wind turbines. (1 Viewer)

mark e

Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Anybody ever considered wind turbines. I know it's not practical for travelling, but just looking at different ideas. The product i was looking at was the 'rutland 913' at 500 pounds.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Anybody ever considered wind turbines. I know it's not practical for travelling, but just looking at different ideas. The product i was looking at was the 'rutland 913' at 500 pounds.

Hi Mark,

I'm very interested in this form of power generation.

PS Your link doesn't work.

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
PS Your link doesn't work.

Marks link is to his dogs site:roflmto:

£500 get a genny £39.95 at Makro (bit noisy and smokey) but how much are you really going to need your turbine?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Marks link it to his dogs site:roflmto:

£500 get a genny £39.95 at Makro (bit noisy and smokey) but how much are you really going to need your turbine?

Here John

That's not very environmentally friendly.:ROFLMAO::Doh:

You could buy 12 of your gennys for £500.

They must be real high quality items.:RollEyes:

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Here John

That's not very environmentally friendly.:ROFLMAO::Doh:

You could buy 12 of your gennys for £500.

They must be real high quality items.:RollEyes:

Dont ask where they come from:winky:

:roflmto::roflmto::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You save the planet I'll save £460:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I've looked at wind turbines and came to the conclusion that they are not a practical proposition for a tourer, better suited to a static van and used in conjunction with a solar array.
They are heavy, bulky, noisy and require a heavy duty mast, .. sorry, not for me.

I'm with John ... a suitcase genny for charging is more practical.

Upvote 0

Keith and Debs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
In Our RV
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
3 Years
Nah these must be brlliant for people who are on the move a lot think of how much power you could generate travelling down the motorway at 70 mph with your turbine whizzing round :Eeek::Eeek:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mark e

mark e

Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
I know there are pitfalls !

I REALLY WANT A 250 POUND KIPOR GENNY....

I've looked inti solar for weeks now, and spending 600 pounds for a system, only to run out of power as soon as eastenders starts bugs me :ROFLMAO:

There is nothing that compares to a genny is there. ? Not for that instant POWER. But petrol is sooooo expensive :cry::cry:

Im really torn, and my head hurts :Angry:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mark e

mark e

Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Went to a main B&Q and those 32 pound genny were 50 pounds reduced from 70 pounds.

What that all about ?

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Nah these must be brlliant for people who are on the move a lot think of how much power you could generate travelling down the motorway at 70 mph with your turbine whizzing round :Eeek::Eeek:

Funny, that thought went through my mind.

I was thinking of maybe half a dozen though, and electric motors to replace that b....dy gas-guzzling V8 in there at the moment.

Virtual wind farm on the roof.:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I have a 6KW Onan on the bus but use my Kipor 2KW generally as supplies all i need including AC if i need it.

If your set on saving the planet dig deep and go into solar (helps to camp in Spain too:roflmto:)

Upvote 0
F

fordy

Deleted User
Hi 500 quid would get you a nice 150w -- 200w solar panel no noise or hassle other than giving it a clean now and then.. once fitted. i am very imprest with the solar power and a 800w inverter i have spoken to a few with wind power and they say that the money would had been better spent on solar, not to say if i had the chance of a cheep wind gen i would get it to add to the solar then if the wind blows at night it would put a bit more power in to the battery's :Smile:

FORDY:Smile:

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi 500 quid would get you a nice 150w -- 200w solar panel no noise or hassle other than giving it a clean now and then.. once fitted. i am very imprest with the solar power and a 800w inverter i have spoken to a few with wind power and they say that the money would had been better spent on solar, not to say if i had the chance of a cheep wind gen i would get it to add to the solar then if the wind blows at night it would put a bit more power in to the battery's :Smile:

FORDY:Smile:

Have a word with Geo.

The wind always blows at night.:Doh:

OOOOeerr here comes Pammy.

Link Removed

Upvote 0

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: There used to be a chappy (years ago) driving around the Benidorm area with what was effectly a converted Yank Day van. On the back he had a 6 foot Propellor that I assumed was coupled to an Alternator charging his batteries. Cheap as chips? :RollEyes:

Upvote 0
F

fordy

Deleted User
Dig VERY deep.. and it's still not reliable in northern europe in the winter.. when you need it most :RollEyes:

Forget saving the planet .. it's too late.. buy a genny :thumb:

Yes still have the gen set of 5kva built in for the times its needed another good bit of kit in an RV plus you can start/stop them from inside the van no setting up in the rain:winky:

FORDY:Cool:

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
:Cool: The SUN has been shining for the last 4 days. Did a Karaoke in the bar last Friday and they want us to do another one this Friday too. We have also been too busy wining and dining. Can't wait to get away for Xmas. :ROFLMAO:

And you're trying to make me jealous eh?

Well its Bl...y well working.:Eeek:

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I know there are pitfalls !

I REALLY WANT A 250 POUND KIPOR GENNY....

I've looked inti solar for weeks now, and spending 600 pounds for a system, only to run out of power as soon as eastenders starts bugs me :ROFLMAO:

There is nothing that compares to a genny is there. ? Not for that instant POWER. But petrol is sooooo expensive :cry::cry:

Im really torn, and my head hurts :Angry:

Buy an already converted LPG one. Mark.:thumb:

I'm sure I've seen them advertised in one of the mags.

Upvote 0

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
And you're trying to make me jealous eh?

Well its Bl...y well working.:Eeek:

:Cool: Just had a couple of hours on the Patio. Bought a Kontiki. Went for a Sauna and swim followed by some Curry and Noodles. Just chilling now catching up on emails and things. :winky:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back