maps.me again. (1 Viewer)

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
hi all , i love the app but i can only seem to get one english speaking voice on it and it is an australian! how do i get a different voice or download one and add it to the app. i have tried selecting one in my tts settings on my iphone but it doesnt seem to make any difference. i can change it to another language no problem just not a uk english accent! cheers sean

OP
OP
seanoo
Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
title sort of gives it away lol ! maps.me is the app

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not having a lot of sense out of this on iPad , downloaded it to get the search for sites thingy, but when you zoom in it says I have to download another map, and France is all in bits you have to download seperatly, think I shall have to kick it into touch:(

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
Persevere !!!
The downloads don't take to long, it saves a lot of memory if you don't want the whole of Europe.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
hi all , i love the app but i can only seem to get one english speaking voice on it and it is an australian! how do i get a different voice or download one and add it to the app. i have tried selecting one in my tts settings on my iphone but it doesnt seem to make any difference. i can change it to another language no problem just not a uk english accent! cheers sean
Hi Sean

You have probably done this already but if not, have you followed these instructions?

image.png

OP
OP
seanoo
Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
Hi Sean

You have probably done this already but if not, have you followed these instructions?

View attachment 100736
yep done that , still got some australian voice saying "slide right" instead of keep right . when i first downloaded the app i had a normal english speaking voice then somehow its changed to this. it uses the tts voices on your device but i cant get it to change !!! i have now downloaded all my maps from maps.me and saved them on my laptop so i'm thinking of deleting it and redownloading .

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
hi all , i love the app but i can only seem to get one english speaking voice on it and it is an australian!
Ga,day cobber mate, nothing wrong with an Aussie accent.
I do know what you mean, we had an aussie on our Tom Tom for awhile and it even drove us crazy.
We now have Kathy, very cute and sexy voice. Good luck.

OP
OP
seanoo
Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
Ga,day cobber mate, nothing wrong with an Aussie accent.
I do know what you mean, we had an aussie on our Tom Tom for awhile and it even drove us crazy.
We now have Kathy, very cute and sexy voice. Good luck.
your right , nothing wrong with your accent at all but its just the "slide right" that i cant get on with lol.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back