Manual Cab Door Locking

Discussion in 'Fiat' started by fazer, Feb 4, 2010.

1. fazer

fazer Read Only Funster

Hi,

I have a 2008 Bessacarr E695 on a Fiat 2.3 Ducato chassis. I can, of course, lock and unlock both cab doors using the central clocking, with either the remote key fob or using the key to turn the lock in the driver's door. I just wondered how I would lock the doors manually if the vehicle battery was flat.

The driver's door is easy enough because turning the key in the door will lock just the driver's door if the vehicle battery is not fitted or is flat. However, there doesn't seem to be any kind of manual locking mechanism on the passenger door, either inside or outside.

Does anyone know how to manually lock the passenger door on these cabs? The Fiat handbook talks about an emegency locking mode but doesn't explain what this means or how to activate it.

Thanks for any help - Fazer.

2. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

If you look on the edge of the passenger door by the lock you will see a hole. You place you key or something into it and press down (in not down then up) you feel a little tension. Close the dooe and it should be locked.

I had the info on other site but unable to get on now.

:thumb:

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

more technology to go wrong...:Doh:

4. fazer

fazer Read Only Funster

"If you look on the edge of the passenger door by the lock you will see a hole. You place you key or something into it and press down (in not down then up) you feel a little tension. Close the dooe and it should be locked.

I had the info on other site but unable to get on now."

:thumb:

Thanks for that - I did see that hole and tried my key in it but attempted to 'turn something' if possible. Nothing happened! I'll try the press up (or down) thing tomorrow.

Cheers - fazer