LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Came across a C&MC (formally CC) course location yesterday and had a VERY brief chat with a couple there.

The C&M charge £170 for the course and issue a cert, ok, they then offer 5% discount on the insurance.

On the basis that we pay £320 with full European recover, 5% is £15.20 ish it will take 16+ years to recover the outlay, by which time you'd assume you might have got the hang of it!

Appreciate that people feel happier and more confident handling their MH having done a similar course I think for those who don't get to drive lots of different vehicles its a good idea, but don't expect a dramatic drop in insurance cost. Allegedly the max discount that most companies offer is 20% regardless of what you have fitted/Tracker/Alarm/Driving course.

Any thoughts?

how was it for you!

did you find it usefull?

Fifiwi

Free Member
Nov 10, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Hi
I haven't yet done a manouevring course, but I am booked on one for the end of May. Therefore, I can't yet comment on how useful it may be.
However, I didn't decide to do the course with a view to it giving us a discount on insurance. Likewise, fitting an alarm doesn't always guarantee a drop in insurance costs with some companies. Having said that, we did have a discount this year through Safeguard for having a Strikeback alarm.
I will try to remember to report back after my course.

OP
OP
RandallC

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Fifiwi

Many thanks, agree with comments re insurance reductions and the fact it's not all about that.

Look forward to your review

Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back