Maniac Dutch.... (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I really feel sorry for these people. I would be absolutely devastated .I wonder how long they are away for ? We all look and plan our dream holidays.Does anyone think this tread should be pulled ? I'm no puss but I wouldn't want people to be looking at my misfortune. Maybe I'm getting old.

Although only one of us was there, the OP has suggested this was rather self inflicted, too much enthusiasm with right foot for no obvious reason.

There is no need to do anything at more than 5 mph on a site, this much damage could not have been done at that kind of speed

It is a shame he now has damage and probably a tainted holiday, but IMO it sounds mainly luck he rammed a tree and not another MH (y)

no I don't think it should be pulled

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Me too, if I'd done it I would have posted it up as well. Let's face it, we've all done some pretty stoopid things, and if we can't laugh at ourselves, we'd probably cry! :D
Yes and we don't actually know what happened, might not have been totally his fault , someone could have distracted him , or foot slipped or loads of things, might even been a malfunction in the clutch or auto or whatever it's got.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi vicwo - welcome to the Fun house. :)

I really feel sorry for these people. I would be absolutely devastated .I wonder how long they are away for ? We all look and plan our dream holidays.Does anyone think this tread should be pulled ? I'm no puss but I wouldn't want people to be looking at my misfortune. Maybe I'm getting old.
No it shouldn't be pulled - there's nothing wrong with this thread IMV, if the comments were 'nasty' that would be another matter but they're not, most (if not all) motorhome owners have at some time dinged their MHs (or nearly ... if they'd admit to it :D ) and had the 'wee-wee' taken out of them, usually when they've posted the details themselves. :LOL:

We're not unsympathetic at all to the plight and it must have been very 'annoying' for the owner (and even more so for his partner!) but that doesn't mean we can't have a bit of 'fun' chatting about it. I can assure you he'll have got a lot more p*ss taking from the other Dutch people on the site ... they DO know how to do this very well as I've witnessed it myself - they actually have a great sense of humour.

When I saw the photo with the strapping round the tree and the MH I thought someone had put up some 'scenes of crime' tape to examine the evidence! :ROFLMAO:

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
I agree with most of the above but I think there is a huge difference between taking and posting pics of ones own misfortune and doing it on someone else's behalf...

I don't suppose many people here would be amused to see pictures of damage to their own MH along with comments about " dipstick Brits" appearing on a Dutch MH forum...

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I feel sorry for the guy but shit happens and what counts is how you deal with it.

I would post pictures if I had a daft moment and I have quite a few :D:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I remember seeing an RV well and truly wedged between a palm tree and a chainlink fence on a site in Spain. I must admit, my first action was to send my son off to fetch my camera. :blush:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I remember seeing an RV well and truly wedged between a palm tree and a chainlink fence on a site in Spain. I must admit, my first action was to send my son off to fetch my camera. :blush:
I seem to remember (in my slightly tipsy/hen party state) that at the Bring and Buy meet last year, whilst battling to hold on to our awning during the freak storm, you were gathering photo evidence of my plight!? o_O

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
On my Hymer there is a radiator, possibly for the air con, right behind the panel he has hit and I would be concerned that this had been damaged. The nearest Hymer agent if he needs one is in Gandia, I am there at the moment for a body check and underneath spray. So much cheaper than in the UK!

Mike

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I can't believe that some " funsters" are "having a larf" about this and actually posting pics of the damage on this forum.

How low can you go..

You should be ashamed and the thread deleted IMHO..

How would the OP feel if someone did the same to him?
Faintly embarrassed? (y)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I can't believe that some " funsters" are "having a larf" about this and actually posting pics of the damage on this forum.

How low can you go..

Can't speak for the OP, but if it were me, and I'd driven into a tree, I'd feel like a monumental bellend. The fact that it then got posted for the amusement of others might actually make me see the lighter side a bit quicker! :D

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I hope you went out to offer help and check he was ok at the very least condolences of some sort. Perhaps a large beer when he calmed down and stopped shouting at the wife ( which I'm sure he did! Speaking from experience when my OH thought he could reverse without my help and cracked the bumper!:sneaky: Thank goodness for the roll of emergency duck tape we carry)

The Dutch are a kind and gracious people we find(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

How low can you go..

As per my previous post I don't see anything wrong with this, its a bit of 'fun' which is what this forum is all about ... nothing is meant to be 'belittling' to the MH owner and to be honest I seriously doubt if he is a member anyway! However, if this was a MHFun member we'd all be commiserating anyway ... then the leg pulling would start! :D

I note you've been a member since 2014 but haven't posted much so perhaps giving it a bit of time to learn the 'nature' of the people on this forum would let you see that it is really all just a bit of fun that we're having ... nothing more.:)

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I note you've been a member since 2014 but haven't posted much so perhaps giving it a bit of time to learn the 'nature' of the people on this forum would let you see that it is really all just a bit of fun that we're having ... nothing more.:)

That does sound a little condescending.

Rob

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well iv driven into a tree three times, twice with Julie watching me do it and once on my own, different trees I might add, but no damage done apart from a dent in the roof at the back that's still there, thought many times of putting a little sign on "holmfirth 2013"(y):) it is a metal roof though so it is only a dent.

vicwo

Free Member
Mar 18, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
since 1998
Scratching my head here. I've only just paid my 15 quid this week. . I really do think this thread wants pulling. I noticed someone got banned for a month the other day on an a frame debate, I see this going the same way. I know we are not all the same but come on. There is fun and there is fun.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That does sound a little condescending.

Rob
Really? It wasn't written or meant like that ... hence the smilie .... :)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I like the Dutch, good sense of humour and they all speak reasonable to good English.
I spent a lot of time working in Holland and a Dutch colleague once said of his fellow countymen:
"Wooden shoes, wooden heads, wooden listen"

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
Really? It wasn't written or meant like that ... hence the smilie .... :)

Ah yes...the smilie:)...

Also known as "the smiling assassin" ...:sneaky:

Used by forum posters the world over to sweeten a bitter pill...:p

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Th

That's why it's called "going Dutch"!;)

Standard behaviour in Paisley!:whistle:
Wait till Paisley gets city of culture status :giggler: the beer will be free and everybody will be kulchured, most likely MRSA or hep ABC:roflmto::cheers:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ah yes...the smilie:)...

Also known as "the smiling assassin" ...:sneaky:

Used by forum posters the world over to sweeten a bitter pill...:p
Eh? ... now that IS offensive! But .... as my niece would say .... "whatever ....":D

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
, I am there at the moment for a body check and underneath spray. So much cheaper than in the UK!

Mike
Last time I had an underneath spray it all came off onto Mrs CC ;) The body check was a fail o_O

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back