Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
Can anyone advise a complete newbie about water storage. After finally getting my tap running in my ancient,little bedford elddis nipper, (don't laugh) I have realised that the electric water pump only functions when the pump is submerged. As I had to put in two gallons before it was submerged, even if I run the tap till no more water comes,there must be a considerable resevoire left in the tank.Surely this must become stagnant? How do I avoid this? Is it just the case that one cannot use tap water as drinking water? Also,how long can one safely leave water in the tank? Am I being exceptionally dim? I suspect the answer is probably yes.:Blush:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I wouldn't worry too much about it.

our fresh tank holds 70 gallons and can be the same water for weeks at a time with no ill effect.

if it does concern you, then put in a capful of Milton fluid, the stuff for sterilising baby's bottles.
small amounts are odourless and tasteless.....or a sterilising tablet available from caravan shops

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
water

I carry a plastic 10 l container for drinking water/tea/coffee and use the water from the tank for washing dishes etc. works for me:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mandymops

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
water

Thanks,
Have purchased my Miltons and drinking water container. Much more confident now.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Or you could contact Oxfam. They can supply you with fresh drinking water for just two pounds per month.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Or you could contact Oxfam. They can supply you with fresh drinking water for just two pounds per month.

Perhaps we should let OXFAM run the UK.....

£2 a month can supply school lunches

£5 a month can provide 24 buckets to keep water clean.

£10 a month can provide 36 textbooks to give children a brighter future.

£50 a month can provide a trainee teachers salary in Kenya.

£50 gives three people the money they need to buy food and other essentials for the next three months.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back