Manchester (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
I would like to visit my daughter who lives in Manchester city centre. Can anyone tell me is there any parking for 8.5m van in the city or do you know of a site or stopover within walking distance to a train station outside the city. Thank you

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
All Manchester Council city centre car parks are provided by NCP. If you contact them (details Here) they can give you details of suitable car parks.

About 18 months ago we stayed at The Hawthorne nightstop. There are bus stops reasonably close to Oldham centre, from where you can get bus or tram into Manchester.

If you are in the C&CC there is a CS at Broken Link Removed, where we stayed fr a night a few years ago. Walking distance to Broadbottom Station for going into Manchester.

Jun 8, 2013
Taunton
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
4 years
We stayed at Burrs Country Park it's a Caravan Club site just outside Bury and got tram into centre - it's a good mile from site to Bury station nice site but gets full over weekends might be to do with football!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We stayed at Burrs Country Park it's a Caravan Club site just outside Bury and got tram into centre - it's a good mile from site to Bury station nice site but gets full over weekends might be to do with football!!
I stayed there last Sunday night and the warden said they had been full on Saturday night. Only drawback is the traffic is horrendous at rush hour in that area but if you avoid those times it would be fine.

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed at a CL in Lymm called broomedgefarm.co.uk which is on the outskirts of Manchester. Would recommend and handy for stopovers when travelling north to south or vice versa...not very easy to get into the city, about 30-40 mins by car but if you walk into Lymm I guess you can get a bus
Chris

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
Think you might struggle to get a bus into Manchester from Lymm
probably bus to Altrincham then either a train or bus into Manchester.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

Apparently it's full because there's a 'Private' steam railway line close by and Bury market, and it's Black Pudding are famous.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back