Manbags? What do you use to carry stuff when you are out and about? (1 Viewer)

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
When I was younger I could go out with just a bit of money in my pockets. Now I have to think about glasses, credit cards, driving licence mobile phone, tablets etc. I usually end up carrying everything in the pockets of my fleece or jacket or using a small decathlon rucksack.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I think the secret is is the material it is made of ... large shoulder bag made of canvas or green khaki(can't spell it) will still look manly.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Ok... I ... own up.. :X3:

I have a Troop canvas messenger bag, great quality http://www.trooplondon.com

highly recommend them.. tough heavy duty canvas construction, strong zips and brass buckles with real leather trim..

I use it mainly on holidays..

View attachment 122093

I have one very similar from M & S and don't care a shit what people think,,i find it very convenient ,,,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Man bags are only used by mamby pamby boys to carry round their man cosmetics, or Cosmopolitan magazines

When I'm away I have a simple rule
If it don't fit into my mankini or speedos I don't need it
Where do you keep your LIPSTICK ?? BUSBY:):):)

Dec 30, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since September 7th 2016
Another vote for small rucksack

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and the advice :p

I am going for one of the ones I originally listed.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Cant believe theres 4 pages of men talking about which handbags they prefer!:rolleyes::p............:imoutahere:

I know what you mean but if it was women talking about handbags or even shoes, it would be 40 pages by now! :drinks:

ANd to answer the OP, pockets or when cycling a small backpack with a built in drinks pouch. When shopping I pack purchases into the pack as I choose them, that way I know I can get it all home. That oftem means I find myself being followed by store staff as I shop.

Last edited:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I know what you mean but if it was women talking about handbags or even shoes, it would be 40 pages by now! :drinks:

ANd to answer the OP, pockets or when cycling a small backpack with a built in drinks pouch. When shopping I pack purchases into the pack as I choose them, that way I know I can get it all home. That oftem means I find myself being followed by store staff as I shop.
I am disappointed in my head you were carrying one of these to the coffee shop and the gym in the morning
messenger bag.jpg

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
My wife's hand bag(y)

I just give it to the wife, how she stores it is her business. I like to let her have some control over her own life :)

If you have to carry a manbag, something such as the Scotesac below will show everyone you are truly a real man

Link Removed

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
All my shorts have extra pockets. One for phone and specs. T'other for dog treats.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
A bag of sorts is ok if you are used to carrying things & can actually remember , if you stop somewhere, that you are actually carrying something.
I've never carried anything. Years ago it used to be money keys & fags/lighter. Now the fags have gone & I have a wallet & phone clips on my belt if it doesn't go in another pocket. Can't see what you need all the rest for ? :unsure:
Reminds me of my wife going through security at the airport & has to turn on the laptop, the tablet, the book reading thing she has, empty everything else into trays. The daughter always comments on why she has it all & the dog gets fed up waiting for her to go through so he can wave.:)

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I think this says it all :D::bigsmile:

download.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
FeelfreeDryBags1.jpg
Mine (10 litre) is a waterproof, over the shoulder mini dufflebag and it contains wallet, mobile, keys

Plus, dependant on location...

MiFi
Torch
Battery backup
Map
Comb

Deleted User
Nige has a couple of man bags, they were good enough for Jack Bauer, so I convinced him to get a couple, he has an animal one and a smaller grey one, handy for carrying stuff for the dogs, either would fit laptop etc :)
WP_20161003_001.jpg

I hate carrying a handbag, much prefer Nige to :D

Lin
Edit both have zips sections too handy for security just tie wrap section you don't need access to ensuring you have something to cut them with in a smaller pocket.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I always SCOFFED at the thought of carrying an adapted woman's shoulder bag, but hey, I have ended up with......FOUR!.....Sort of.
I never envisaged having to carry medical type stuff around with me, until I realised that getting 'caught short' in a public place could be classed as a problem.:(
And so, I carry a man type shoulder bag when we go out walking. I have a second 'supply' tucked into a small shoulder bag in the car, and a small magnetic 'tank bag' for the Yamaha Bike. My big all supply bag comes with us on holiday, and ensures a constant supply of essentials whilst we are away. (not popular with airport security peeps, but I have a card that allows me to carry sprays and scissors in an aircraft cabin). (y)

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Tried one of those little spanish manbaggy things when e were there for a while, quite handy when you just have swim shorts on and t shirt but...lasted about 2 days, kept forgetting/leaving it everywhere...how do women do it?

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I struggle with the need for a man bag. So the list of things I carry about my person:
1) 3 Swiss army knives
2) Swiss army card (fits in wallet)
3) Wallet
4) Mobile phone
5) Key fob for bizarre keyless system on my car

All of these items fit neatly into pockets in my jeans, why would I need a bag. I have all of life's essentials in my pockets.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I struggle with the need for a man bag. So the list of things I carry about my person:
1) 3 Swiss army knives
2) Swiss army card (fits in wallet)
3) Wallet
4) Mobile phone
5) Key fob for bizarre keyless system on my car

All of these items fit neatly into pockets in my jeans, why would I need a bag. I have all of life's essentials in my pockets.
Why on earth do you need 3 Swiss army knives? Are you afraid that you won't be able to find what you're looking for on one and have to look on another ....

Broken Link Removed

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Why on earth do you need 3 Swiss army knives? Are you afraid that you won't be able to find what you're looking for on one and have to look on another ....

Broken Link Removed
It's missing the folding bicycle .........................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back