Man injured after motorhome tire explodes (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
One man is hospitalized and another is recovering from more minor injuries after a tire exploded in Orono Friday.

First responders were called to the Amstar gas station at 3360 Shoreline Drive on reports that an employee had been injured. When Orono police officers arrived they found that the employee had been attempting to fill a tire on a one-ton truck camper when it blew..

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Where were his tyre (tire ?) pressure monitors when they were needed ? ::bigsmile:

Very lucky man. I have seen some nasty injuries in the past with this kind of incident.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Nearest I have come to that was blowing son's football up with compressor ::bigsmile: the bang frightened me to death:Eeek:::bigsmile:
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
A truck tyre exploded as it was passing my brother when he was 3 years old. It not only scared the crap out of him we were also worried about him losing his eyesight for the next 2 days... Luckily he fully recovered.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Nearest I have come to that was blowing son's football up with compressor ::bigsmile: the bang frightened me to death:Eeek:::bigsmile:
Terry

many years ago while camping I was using a 12v tyre inflator to inflate a double air bed... I set it up behind the car and went to do other stuff .... so it was now out of sight and I forgot about it .. ... you can see what's coming .. :roflmto:

yes, it blew up to the size of small car .. buggered all the internal straps that keep it flat and looked like a giant hopper ball... :ROFLMAO:

on a more serious note.. I served my apprenticeship at India Tyres.. they had a test bay where they ran tyres on rolling roads until the burst .. there was a viewing room , protected by a steel cage... but when one of them bust .. wow .. scary or what.. I always remember that when inflating tyres, keep to one side with your back against the car/van .. never in front of the wheel..

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Dangerous these tyres, I remember going through Birmingham on the M6 in a Mini, when passing a truck the steel ring on his front wheel blew off and missed my windscreen by a fraction dont dare to think of what could have happened. Pete :Sad::Sad::Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back