Man breaks his back jumping an RV (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I guess this falls into the category :

Don't try this at home
:RollEyes:

According to the Edmonton Sun, Chris Whitcroft, 31, better known as regular Dave’s Farm driver “Pug” was hospitalized with a broken back following a failed stunt attempt where he ramped a decrepit RV and landed hard, causing the injury. He was taken from the farm to the London, Ontario hospital where he’s currently recovering, his family has said he isn’t at risk for paralysis. Dave Rock, the “Dave” in “Dave’s Farm,” said of the incident “The lure of attention on YouTube, fame and income from YouTube is causing people at my farm and all over the world to hurt themselves to show off or try to make money,” which is ironic, because Dave makes about $15,000 a month off of revenue sharing from his Youtube channel. 54 million total views will do that kind of thing. Of course, that gets shared with the stunt drivers, but still, not an unsubstantial lure to do stupid stuff like this. [Edmonton Sun]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXxMAbTmJwg&annotation_id=annotation_940231&feature=iv]YouTube - Bad Accident at Davidsfarm[/ame]

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
wow, nice stunt. Kind of reminds me of me hitting the speed hump in france that dstroyed my back window :ROFLMAO:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I don't quite 'get it' with this vid clip.

An old RV comes rumbling across a field, hits a hump, makes a noise, someone says "holy shit woo hoo".....camera shot cuts to show a very limited view of the interior with nobody in the driving seat. Had daring "Dave" catapulted through the roof and gone into orbit? He's nowhere to be seen! Scene 2 then cuts to an Ambulance and Police car with lights flashing driving down some highway and a bloke on a quad.

The infamous 'badly injured' dummy driver "Dave" appears to be camera shy. Very odd when you are supposedly taking the starring role! :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I don't quite 'get it' with this vid clip.

An old RV comes rumbling across a field, hits a hump, makes a noise, someone says "holy shit woo hoo".....camera shot cuts to show a very limited view of the interior with nobody in the driving seat. Had daring "Dave" catapulted through the roof and gone into orbit? He's nowhere to be seen! Scene 2 then cuts to an Ambulance and Police car with lights flashing driving down some highway and a bloke on a quad.

The infamous 'badly injured' dummy driver "Dave" appears to be camera shy. Very odd when you are supposedly taking the starring role! :RollEyes:

Have a look at the first clip ..

Link Removed

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Have a look at the first clip ..

Link Removed
Thats better! Now we actually get to see the clown!
And what a plonker doing a daft thing like that with zero safety preparation involved. No helmet, no full harness belt, no neck restraint....oh brother! A full harness belt on it's own and daft "Dave" would have walked out of that heap.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Now I have never contemplated a stunt like that, never mind actually taken part in one
Yet I just know its going to HURT
Am I physic or what:RollEyes:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Davids Farm is great, from the curious, to the daft to the just plain stupid, red necks springs to mind:ROFLMAO:

Yeh yeh, no safety etc etc, that's thier choice, the RV 'jumping' is entertaining but I don't need to see the injured party and would hope they are alright, I 'aint giving him the keys to my RV though:Eeek::ROFLMAO:

You want mad, search you tube for davids farm roller coaster (I think), knackered old jap car with huge structure ending in a seat welded to one end. Lunes in seat, driver takes off (not literally) and slams on brakes. Made me laugh as one of the videos the police turn up, very unimpressed!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back