LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
A friend has a MH with plated MAM weight 3850kg that is registered as PLG ( i.e. mam 3500 max). He has been to DVLA who say that the vehicle must be weighed before they will act to change the registration to PHG. But the vehicle may weigh less than 3500kg because of payload so what is purpose of weighing it?

What is the implication of driving a vehicle in that is registerd in the wrong class? The driver has licence that allows him to drive up to 7.5tons.

Lunarman

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Why the tea ladies at DVLA pick up the phones beats me:Doh:
as you rightly question what is the point of having it weighed:RollEyes:
The only real concern is that if your mate loads it up to 3850 and then drives he leaves himself open tp prosecution by an ill informed bobby,
The police and in particular VOSA will go by the weight plate and base any case on that alone, the fact DVLA wont re register it correctly ios not an offence Why they wont re register is possibly because many have tried it to get extra pay;oad or cheaper tax (It is about £10 cheaper as a PHG)
I would do as it says on the V5

ie
Please check the details of this form and correct any errors
So just correct the weight and tax class, send in a covering note with pic of the plate and offer to take it in for inspection
Geo

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
I always go into our local DVLA office, they know the score and cos you are face to face you can smile and say nice things to them as you pass over a brown envelope....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I always go into our local DVLA office, they know the score and cos you are face to face you can smile and say nice things to them as you pass over a brown envelope....

You Bribe the DVLA:Eeek:

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
I used to import lots of Jap stuff, and had a good relationship with the DVLA but even they guess at times and if you know your stuff they listen to you :RollEyes:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I agree with slickmouse sometimes you have to tell them. or you dont get what is rightfully yours. i handed a disabled sorn in for a hgv. then tried to tax a different hgv disabled .i was told its not possible to have disabled and hgv. after a quick lecture n a disapearance to check, the assistant came back n taxed the truck. i get on well with the local dvla. he said to me ,he was told best ask me if he wanted to know anything awkward as everything i have is not normal.best of mates now calls me sir. hope i spelt it right.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back