Malvern

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by 656, Aug 21, 2011.

1. 656

656 Read Only Funster

Well we are back from Malvern:RollEyes: Thanks to Bob & Jane for their marshalling, ad to the Ukelele team for their entertainment. Status Quo will never sound the same, thank you. We bought a Double Skillet for Edds daughter, new ramps - left the old ones or Tim, hope you needed some. The down side for us was the HD Sat box we bought at PPeterborough flattened the batteries. RoadPro are going to look at it and replace if needed or repair. Alll in all a great weekend. Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  2. gypsyrose

gypsyrose Funster

Yes, lots of thanks from us too!! Great weekend!! :BigGrin:

3. bungy

bungy Funster

and us :Smile:

First one for us, but first of many i hope :BigGrin:

Lost some weight as well....but only in the wallet:Doh:, although i did build some muscle carrying 'stuff' back!

4. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Thanks Bob & Jane for a well organised meet. Done loads over the years but never Malvern, what a great meet, a load of cowboys running around with guns. Good job I let the indians know :Wink:

5. Tandy

Tandy Funster

Our first one - we felt very welcomed :thumb:

Thanks to everyone who made it possible :thumb:

6. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Hey Dave (and Mrs Dave)
    Mystery solved, Thanks so much for that, you would not believe, but looked all weekend for a small set of levelers to no availe (bought everything else!!) so to come back today to find a pair under the van was such a nice supprise but nobody knew who?? so they are under the wheels right now, and tonight I will sleep tight without feeling like I'm going to roll out of bed.
    So thanks again Dave and look foreward to seeing you and the Misses next time.:thumb:

Tim & Jen

• Like Like x 3
  7. drago35uk

drago35uk Funster

Also a big thanks to Bob and Jane,a superb weekend:BigGrin:

8. Lyngary

Lyngary Funster Life-Member Life Member

Thanks Bob and Jane for your hard work this weekend. Very enjoyable, meeting friends old and new. Hopefully see you both soon.

9. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Still here at Malvern, have been sat outside in the sun since around 6am getting a bit of work done. We still have around 50 funsters here. Most are still fast asleep, but a few are stirring, I can hear the velcro of a sliver screen being peeled back and I can smell some bacon being cooked. We have had a lovely weekend. Big thanks to Bob and Jane did a great job marshalling, they were fantastic:thumb: We had a ball and are looking forward to the next funster gathering already :BigGrin::thumb:

10. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Second time for Malvern for us,love all the sheriffs and cowboys and Indians roaming around.
    Had a great weekend resisted all efforts by the traders to sell me a new van but got some great purchases especially some milenco levelers good stuff, thanks to Bob and Jane for a great meet:thumb::thumb:

And thanks to him up there for some great weather could have been much worse if it had been pouring down all week, just a small hiccup Saturday but great the rest of the weekend:thumb:

Thanks to Mick and Bob for showing us the light, now we know what we really really want!!!! American jobbies all the way!!

11. Griffs

Griffs Funster

Our thanks also to Bob & Jane for all the hard work marshalling. Also appreciated was the work put into the bacon butties on Sunday. The Marquee entertainment was also superb.

Mention also thanks to Bob (Slobadoberbob) for his as always great BBQ skills & Nanny Jan for front row seats for Wales v Argentina.

It was lovely to meet friends old & new on such a large scale & hope to do so again soon.

Griffs
    (Clive & Rhian)

:Smile::Smile::Smile:

12. MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome Read Only Funster

Wonderful Malvern Meet - photo attached

We are back from Malvern, many thanks to Bob & Jane for their marshalling. Brilliant!

Thought you might like this photo of the US Cavalry we took for those that missed it. Not sure which 'caption' I should use................

Attached Files:

13. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Yup, well done Bob and Jane for the marshalling, even if your assitant wasn't up to the task:Rofl1::Rofl1:

Good weekend, not enough time, never is, some hello's became good byes at the same time despite best efforts, looking forward to the next meet:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

Finally managed to drag ourselves away - we could easily have stayed another week!

Great hosting - thanks Bob & Jane.

Great company - we raised £55.83 for Cancer Research when people paid for us to stop playing (I think :BigGrin:)

Apologies to Ludo for keeping him awake last night :Wink:

• Like Like x 2
  15. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Arrived back home around 2pm.

Thanks to Bob & Jane for the marshalling, Janine & Barry for the music, all the bacon butty preparers and all the Funsters who made it a great weekend as usual.

16. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

thank you bob and jane,for organizing a great weekend:thumb:
    met some realy nice funsters,who gladly donated £30 to my back pocket:Rofl1:
    as i had no1:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

We had a great time at the Malvern Show, it was good to spend some time with our Funster friends both old and new. Our thanks to Bob & Jane for marshalling the Funsters pitch. Thanks also to the Bacon Roll Crew who did a great job on Sunday morning. Last but not least our thanks to Janine & Barry for entertaining us in the marquee and for the ukulele lessons. Looking forward to our next Funster meet.

Brisey & Pam

18. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

another excellent funsters weekend :thumb:

my thanks also go to Bob n Jane for all the hard work they put in over the weekend and to the 'chefs extrodinaire' for the bacon banjo's on sunday morning.

nice to meet friends old and some new, and to dismiss the myth i'm an old fart running around on a mobility scooter :Laughing:

sat outside the RV on a smashing C&CC site 7 miles south of Oswestry, on a gravel hardstanding using their free wifi service :thumb::thumb:

bit of traffic noise from the A5 but is not bad.

putting up my 'FUN' flag so anyone on the site call on over for a beer/coffee/tea.

and for those going to Oswestry, see you all on thursday. :thumb:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Silkcut1105

Silkcut1105 Funster Life Member

hi all .thank you bob,jane and of course jim had a great time .met some really nice people this week end and enjoyed ,

20. Ambilkate

Ambilkate Funster Life Member

Back home now, picked a 80wat solar panel kit up on the way home from a place in Bromsgrove, a lot cheaper than the show, all we got to do now is fit it :BigGrin:

A big, thankyou to Bob & Jane, fantastic marshalls.
    A big thankyou to all those funsters who cooked our sunday breakfast.
    A big thankyou to Janine and Barry for our uke lessons and for the entertainment, we really enjoyed ourselves.
    :BigGrin:A BIG THANKYOU TO ALL YOU FUNSTERS FOR HELPING US HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME:BigGrin:, back home now :Sad:

Kate Bill Amanda xxxx