Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I went to Malta in the 1980's, dunno if it still is the case but then all hire vehicles had yellow rear numberplates.

We had more than several incidents where the intent of the Maltese driver was to force the hire car off the road. We werer all mid-30's and the two lads both drove for a living at the time. We were in an Allegro so it could hardly be because they wanted to race or anything, just done to scare us I think. No idea why but it certainly succeeded with myself and the other lady!

Is that behaviour covered in there?

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I went to Malta a few years back. The thing that struck me was how decrepit most of their vehicles are. Our hire car was old but mainly functional, however we twice took a taxi and once a bus and none of them had a working speedometer. The only instrument on the bus that worked was the voltmeter (which indicated it's age by having one!)

There is at least one speed camera on the island which must make a fortune in fines.

Incidentally when I asked the car hire firm which side of the road they drove on, they said tourists mainly the left, the buses drive down the middle and the locals drive in the shade:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Don Madge

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
I was stationed in Malta in 1958 with the Royal Air Force.

One old bus I used was still in the livery of the Wakefield traction company. I think it was an old Bedford Duple.

One rule I will always remember, at road junctions the first person to sound their horn had the right of way.

It usually went something like this BEEP! BEEP! BANG!

Don

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back