Malmo, Sweden (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We are sailing into trelleborg, Sweden tomorrow and are looking somewhere to spend a couple of nights, with access to the train station to visit Copenhagen .

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Check out camper contact,sure you will find a place on that sight,regards AlfandM

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Just had a look and there is 8 park places between Trelleborg and Malmö, there seems 4 in malmo, so check camper contact a good sight we use it a lot when we are on our travels,good luck and enjoy your stay in Sweden,regards AlfandM.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks Alfandm, we have all the apps and books, but was looking for a 'little gem' which you can always find from fellow funsters !

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We spent the night in a small car park near the beach and about 10mins walk from the station we then parked in the large car park next to the river just across from the station when we caught the train, when we arrived at the large car park in the morning we noticed a couple of vans already there so not sure if they stayed the night.

You can also park up near to the bridge on the riverside just a bit further from town.

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Perfect, many thanks , I guess asking for co ords, is asking to much ??

Thanks ☀️

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Looking good so far. Hope the blog and others I sent gave you a good heads up. Keep up with the posts as to where you have visited

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
We stayed in the city camp just outside of Copenhagen. On the bikes its a short ride to the city and you can also catch a boat or the train is only one stop from the city centre. Wifi, showers and toilets. A bit pricey but great location.
http://www.citycamp.dk/

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We stayed about a mile from the centre of Malmo, and caught the train to Copenhagen, YOU MUST take you your passport to get back into Sweden, I very nearly 'cocked up' but a swift bike ride back to the van to collect the passports avoided me being sent to the 'dog house ' !!!!

We are now in jonkoping, and now planning the route up to Stromsund,,so we can do the 'wilderness road' which we hope is open. We will try and avoid the Bears, but may find some interesting meat for the bbq.

The translator app is working overtime, but we won't starve or go thirsty !!!

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
We stayed about a mile from the centre of Malmo, and caught the train to Copenhagen, YOU MUST take you your passport to get back into Sweden, I very nearly 'cocked up' but a swift bike ride back to the van to collect the passports avoided me being sent to the 'dog house ' !!!!

We are now in jonkoping, and now planning the route up to Stromsund,,so we can do the 'wilderness road' which we hope is open. We will try and avoid the Bears, but may find some interesting meat for the bbq.

Hi hotelman we are prity sure it was you on the road to sollefteå we were in our red micra you turned left heading towards hoting . we are now at our favorite fish camp on our way to a place near stromsund so might meet up you again some where on the road.we are in our merc hobby mh now.regards alfandm.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp

Wilderness opened on 6th june this year .we shall be on that route some time in August .regards alfandm

OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We are at the camping in stromsund, ready to start the wilderness route tomorrow.
We think we saw you , did you pull into the lay-by after overtaking us ??.

The sun is shining, the view over the lake is amazing, but one can become blazzee about the amazing views .

Hopefully see you somewhere got a beer

Regards,

Tim and Jane

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
We are at the camping in stromsund, ready to start the wilderness route tomorrow.
We think we saw you , did you pull into the lay-by after overtaking us ??.

The sun is shining, the view over the lake is amazing, but one can become blazzee about the amazing views .

Hopefully see you somewhere got a beer

Regards,

Tim and Jane
Yes it was us we were heading to sollefteå to meet friends from the usa for lunch .now were in mh by thr river indals alven. We shall be in gubbhögen stromsunds komun some time tomorrow .so enjoy the wilderness route
Fab.regards Alf and Marianne.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back