malaga to calais aires (1 Viewer)

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
can anyone recommend a route, avoiding tolls with some safe aires that can accomodate a 10 meter RV and that are not miles out of the way ?
im in no rush so will probably take a week or maybe two to do the journey.
Many thanks
I'd like to sail from santandare but ive worked out it will cost 200 quid extra, is this right ?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
we used santander last winter .payed 576.00 inc dog no cabins , priced it this week 965 for same route in july.
you do have to factor in fuel costs .in winter it would cost me about 750 to go via calais from where i live .at 16-17 to a gallon the dtrive through france is no longer viable for me in winter. i also live 350ml from dover but only 30 from plymouth.
google michelin maps they give good routes. just about all aires will take you but if its in summer they fill up quick .park on ind est or truck stops is easier.
cheers alan.

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
750 quid on fuel ??
I just went on a fuel calculator site and it said 1300 miles at 10 mpg at 65 p a litre for LPG less than 400, have I got me calculations right ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i was doing a return trip 576to santander if i drive to dover then to spain return its about 750 return +ferry dover calais .and i arrive in spain tomorrow no wear and tear on truck .
i use diesel. having travelled both routes regularly i miss france out now its definately worth paying extra high ferry cost.in winter not now.

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
setting off sooon and still dont know where to over night, just need one place south of madrid and another north of madrid then its plain sailing through france.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
why not just drive until you have had enough for the day , pull off the main route into a bypassed small town , and park up for the night ?

I have done this for decades , often with a car and caravan 12 metres long ; always stay where people live

virtually all the main routes in spain bypass towns which originally had a wide main road through with ample parking ,lined with bars and hostals , just stop there and you will get no problems , trucks and cars do the same ; at night the traffic stops

much more enjoyable if you don't have a fixed schedule !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back