Free Member
Sep 25, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Camper
Exp
Hi All,

Could you please recomend a few places, scenic roads ect between Malaga and Las Negras?
We are meeting the old folks here then heading to Murcia. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I found the short drive from Las Negras, down to Camping la Caleta extremely 'scenic.' - Or, at least, I'm sure I would have, if I'd dared to open my eyes! :sick:

Upvote 0

Deleted User
It would depend on how long you have to make the journey, are you doing it in one day or looking for overnight stops.

I would favour the route towards Antequerra then the A92 past Granada for the scenery although it is around 40 miles further than the more direct coastal route, which I must admit we have not used for more than 20 years.

If you have time to spare then I am sure there will be places to overnight en route and possible to drive over the Sierra Nevada and through the Alpujarras from La Calahorra to El Ejido and then join the coastal road.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Almunecar is worth a visit as well as Nerja if you fancy a trip along the coast...or the route from Velez-Malaga to Granada is nice for a change!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Birtha

Birtha

Free Member
Sep 25, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Camper
Exp
It would depend on how long you have to make the journey, are you doing it in one day or looking for overnight stops.

I would favour the route towards Antequerra then the A92 past Granada for the scenery although it is around 40 miles further than the more direct coastal route, which I must admit we have not used for more than 20 years.

If you have time to spare then I am sure there will be places to overnight en route and possible to drive over the Sierra Nevada and through the Alpujarras from La Calahorra to El Ejido and then join the coastal road.

Thanks
We have one week for this part of the trip. Will probably do a stop over around Nerja or Almunecar and then around the Alpujarras.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Birtha

Birtha

Free Member
Sep 25, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Camper
Exp
I found the short drive from Las Negras, down to Camping la Caleta extremely 'scenic.' - Or, at least, I'm sure I would have, if I'd dared to open my eyes! :sick:

We sayed in Camping Caleta a few years ago and your right it is a nice drive, a little short but its nice.

Upvote 0
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Also if you have a week look for a night or two at the campsite at lake Vinuela..

We're doing the reverse journey to @Birtha and intend to take an inland route over a couple of weeks or so. Vinuela is on our 'to visit' list.

Upvote 0

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
If you happen to pass torre del mar - drop us a pm! It's along the coast road (N340) from Malaga towards nerja.
Plenty of sites, and lots of wilding along the coast on the beach. The scenery past Granada inland is great, but in Almeria area is a bit dessert like, depends what you like!
Vinuela is a great view, but after half hour time to move on imo! Not much there apart from too many ex pats and English shops - we don't go there often !!! ( about 20 mins from us!)
Pm me if you want any info on the Axarquia area!

Upvote 0

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Once you are approaching Murcia it is well worth making a slight detour to El Berro. The road from Alhama de Murcia is extremely scenic, the last few kilometres only for the passenger! Lovely camp site and pleasant little village surrounded by great walking and mountain biking country, really well marked paths. Sitting on the site as I write- turning chilly though so wrap up warmly.

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Birtha

Birtha

Free Member
Sep 25, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Camper
Exp
Once you are approaching Murcia it is well worth making a slight detour to El Berro. The road from Alhama de Murcia is extremely scenic, the last few kilometres only for the passenger! Lovely camp site and pleasant little village surrounded by great walking and mountain biking country, really well marked paths. Sitting on the site as I write- turning chilly though so wrap up warmly.

Thanks Jenowen, sounds good.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back