Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
Ive got a Malaga 2 water system which ive not used for a while. When i fire up the system no water seems to be drawn out of the taps etc. There is a lot of hissing from the taps when i turn them which then dies away to nothing. When I turn the taps off, the system then 'glugs' as it starts to fill with water again. After a few seconds or even if i leave it for 30 mins I turn the tap on again and air fires out and then dies away again (no water). I would automatically suspect that there is an air lock somewhere but ive drained the main tank and the Malaga system and re-filled it again. Please help becuase I need this working by Tues!!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
water would still come out the tap eventually even if there was an airlock.

are you sure the water pump is working ?

cold water will be pumped into the boiler, therefore to the open tap, as long as the pumps turned on....and running.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Have you checked its not dumping water out under the van via the safetyvalve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

Newton

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
Im off up to have another look late this afternoon. I checked under the vehicle and no water seems to be leaking out.

Im wondering if the pump is actually working properly. It seems to be making the right noise but the sound of water going through the system when the taps are off seems to just be a glug......few seconds....glug......few seconds.....glug and so on. It doesnt seem to have a free flow of water to the system.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I know whats wrong, I just fixed same problem myself. Give me a ring 07772842903.
Regards Phil

would you care to share your information with the rest of us or others that have the same issue later??

oh by the way, never a good idea to publish a phone number or email on a forum as the spammers and ambulance chasers etc will soon be bothering you with constant unsolicited calls

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
no water through boiler

I had the same problem. It just needed an inline non return valve fitted by the water tank. That simple after much frustration. Easy self fit, just wanted to help the guy out.
Phil

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I had the same problem. It just needed an inline non return valve fitted by the water tank. That simple after much frustration. Easy self fit, just wanted to help the guy out.
Phil
no problem Phil, I understand you wanted to help the guy out. its just the info could well help others....thankyou:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back