Make your own wind blocking screens ... (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Whilst having a mooch round Ebay for something I stumbled upon these 'tarps' which are very similar to the material used for some of the opaque 'plastic' awning wind blocker type sun shades so if someone wanted to make their own it would be a cheaper option.

3m x 4m tarp

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

They do other colours too ... there are even camouflage ones if you want to try to 'hide'!!!! ::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The fabric that the commercial Windblockers are made from is polyester voile. We bught some from Broken Link Removed on eBay last year to make a windbreak. See Broken Link Removed.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The one's minx is talking about are different I saw them at a show last year they looked very similar to the clear woven tarp but I would have thought weight would be an issue when putting them up.

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The one's minx is talking about are different I saw them at a show last year they looked very similar to the clear woven tarp but I would have thought weight would be an issue when putting them up.

David

Thanks David. I realised that and should have made it clear in my post that there are the two different types.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back