Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
If you have got the space - most of us haven't, but it makes a good BBQ if you can't get it in your garage - extract the inner drum from a washing machine and fill with dry wood - excellent! Will try to dig up a photo or two and post them later.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I'll raise the stakes.. so to speak ..

How about a wood burner from a 13kg gas bottle :thumb:

Link Removed

for the more ambitious

newburn3.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i can make a kettle out of a plastic fork,a razor blade,and 2 lenths of wire:thumb:
and it work's a treat:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
If you have got the space - most of us haven't, but it makes a good BBQ if you can't get it in your garage - extract the inner drum from a washing machine and fill with dry wood - excellent! Will try to dig up a photo or two and post them later.

When is it ? I enjoyed last years !!

OP
OP
wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
A chum used to make very good pot-bellied stoves out of car wheels welded together

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, if you weld another bottle higher up with the chimney running throughit . on jims pice have a hole in the top and a tap at the bottom you have water heater ,radiator as well. just keep topping it up with fresh water.
dont tell calor though thats worse than filling them with an adaptor.hee hee .
they also make good fuel tanks on trikes . ha has .

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
hi, if you weld another bottle higher up with the chimney running throughit . on jims pice have a hole in the top and a tap at the bottom you have water heater ,radiator as well. just keep topping it up with fresh water.
dont tell calor though thats worse than filling them with an adaptor.hee hee .
they also make good fuel tanks on trikes . ha has .

tsk tsk Alan ... you'll get blackballed by Calor :Eeek:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
When we wildcamp where ScotJimland knows we use a 5 gallon drum with the top cut off and hole in the sides down on the beach and burn pine cones from the woods behind the van, with the smell of that and the smell of bacon wofting across the river we get a lot of nice comments from both passerbys and the yatching lot.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. just like thehutchies `we must keep on teaching our kids ,grandkids etc how to do basic cooking and living . i was a scout army cadet .army .then taught army cadets . it teaches thm things tht could be life saving in emergency situations . i think it also helps them think out of the box as well . keep up the good work .google kelly kettle .i use one of those alot . the kids love em. very small fire lots of heat. also called volcano kettle . teach them all you know .they have to teach their kids later.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
2 lengths of wire... you wimp Chris... I only need a half a length of wire... and after the kettle boils it will cut the grass...

JJ :Cool::ROFLMAO:
its true jj! i can:thumb:you bring(to marjal) a plastic fork,a razor blade and 2 lenth's of wire (about 6 feet )and i will boil some water with it

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
When we wildcamp where ScotJimland knows we use a 5 gallon drum with the top cut off and hole in the sides down on the beach and burn pine cones from the woods behind the van, with the smell of that and the smell of bacon wofting across the river we get a lot of nice comments from both passerbys and the yatching lot.

heh .. don't drag me into your shenanigans.. :roflmto:

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008

Join us or log in to post a reply.