Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
Hi All, Well our little old girl is in the garage getting sorted! New exhaust, new tyres, recon radiator, water pump, service and mot. Going to make a dent in my feeble savings but my mechanic says she's basically sound and I couldn't buy another van for 600quid so what the hell! Spain here we come (all going well) though I've got to use my bus pass till the weekend!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
IMO it is always worth keeping a van that is basically sound and that you like and know going.

I have just spent quite a lot on my old Wagon but is now running like new.

You are right... £600 wouldn't buy much and you could spend that on a hotel holiday in Spain whereas you will have your Spanish holiday AND still have the van at the end of it.

Good move I say... :thumb:

JJ

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Go for it

Keep them running,thats what i say,my Dad has an old Romahome on a citroen c15 his pride and joy constantly needing tlc and money and i have a 20year old hymer my pride and joy (not a straight panel on it)but it keeps on going. If you make it down to Pinar San Jose for xmas we will look forward to meeting you there. Good luck and all the best Trev and Sue:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

fossle60

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Pembrokeshire.
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
17 on and off
Thanks for the encouragement though I'm still waiting. My mechanic says when he rings up for parts they say "you want it for a what...!" I know they didn't make many (1500) but they still make rascal pick-ups and thats basically what it is! Anyway if I ever get it back I look foreward to meeting you all! Joy

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
if your fitting a water pump, would it be a good idea to do the cam belt as well, just in case:thumb:

happy travels

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good luck with it I am sure it will be a great feeling having your van back on the road and running well, quite a adventure taking her to join up with Penelope Pitstops crew in Spain. Happy Travels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back