MAJOR LONDON ROAD CLOSURES THIS WEEKEND 9/10 AUG (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I've also posted this on the UK Touring area.......

All,

Just a reminder for 'Southerners' or those travelling around or through London over this weekend...... Which includes ME :mad:

Due to the Prudential Ride London event, there will be major route closures (including Thames bridges) near the City and Westminster on Saturday 9th Aug and on Sunday the 10th, the following will be closed from 0500hrs:-

TOWER BRIDGE
SOUTHWARK BRIDGE
WESTMINSTER BRIDGE
LAMBETH, VAUXHALL, BATTERSEA, CHELSEA, ALBERT, CHISWICK, PUTNEY, KINGSTON AND HAMPTON COURT BRIDGES.

IN ADDITION, BLACKWALL TUNNEL WILL BE CLOSED!

I've no doubt that this will cause chaos in the central area - with the ripples felt throughout the surrounding areas. Closure of the Blackwall tunnel will inevitably cause pressure on the M25/DARTFORD crossing.

The Surrey area will also be congested due to the cyclist's route.

More info on the Transport for London Broken Link Removed

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I am at Cobham at the moment, seen lots of signs saying road closed on the 10th. I have to leave the campsite for 24hrs as I've been here for 28 days so I will be out of here. cant wait to get away the traffic is doing my head in. Have to get to work an hour early or will be an hour late.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Waltham forest has chingford weekender at the Ridgeway park

and theres also a youtube event at Alexandra Palace

all the same weekend

Can completely understand about the noise but living in london you get used to it. The scariest thing is the difference in air quality and we really notice that when we come home from places like malvern

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back