Major issue accessing back bulbs on our Ford Jumbo (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
@Yorick hubby said he had hoped it was just the one wing nut but he Cldnt be sure. He's almost certain light pulls outwards once loosneed as lip 'oversits'. Thanx for the offer of a pic too. Really kind.

Thanx v much to everyone who's trying to help. I'm just gonna try and keep calm til we know.

?

Deleted User

Shit. Do we have to? :(

OP.

hammer_PNG3890.png

k2-_7772edd3-8053-4ad3-9458-7b39465b67af.v1.jpg-e859d15ce379029a77c942d73271a85fd01edc4f-optim-450x450.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
flip me. I've never ever seen so much over reaction and panic without knowing the truth.
You're all acting as though it's the end of the world.

The whole tail light section drops to the outside and us held in place by ONE wingnut inside.

Just calm down.
Why are you being so aggressive? We're having a discussion about a problem one of the Funsters has. Nobody has suggested it's the end of the world. Have a look in the cupboard, I think you need a chill pill.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
@Yorick hubby said he had hoped it was just the one wing nut but he Cldnt be sure. He's almost certain light pulls outwards once loosneed as lip 'oversits'. Thanx for the offer of a pic too. Really kind.

Thanx v much to everyone who's trying to help. I'm just gonna try and keep calm til we know.
there is no point in panicking about it, you will definitely need a hole cut to access the back of the light. on a positive note, at least you are aware of the situation and not trying to make an adhoc repair whilst abroad if a bulb fails
having converted a few vehicles myself personally, I can tell you that this sort of oversight is all too easy considering the complexity of the overall job. 2 holes needing to be cut in an out of sight place is trivial on the scale of some possible mistakes

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
there is no point in panicking about it, you will definitely need a hole cut to access the back of the light. on a positive note, at least you are aware of the situation and not trying to make an adhoc repair whilst abroad if a bulb fails
having converted a few vehicles myself personally, I can tell you that this sort of oversight is all too easy considering the complexity of the overall job. 2 holes needing to be cut in an out of sight place is trivial on the scale of some possible mistakes
Was saying same to hubby. May not have known and indicator bulb cld have gone mid-france. They're a great family firm. Just usually do VW conversions and agreed to do our lad. Rest of work outstanding to be fair. Fingers crossed. Even just access for a few months and then sort winter be fine.

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Thanks for that, is tht the same for a Jumbo mark 7 ? Once we've seen the pic of it in situ we'll let the guy know and go from there.

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Let us know if the photos I sent were useful :)
Hubby spoke briefly to him this morning, I then
emailed them to him lunchtime. Hubby was then gonna ring him, but not heard from hubby yet as both in work. Will let you know. Thanks very much for that, really kind.

ps, glad to see you got early release for good behaviour :D:angel:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
They are still done that way in most A and C class coachbuilts; certainly were on my previous Adria and are in my present Hymer.
Talking panel vans here,,,,BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back