Major Decission !!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter I-was-renting-now-im-not
  • Start date
I

I-was-renting-now-im-not

Deleted User
Hello,

i have been lurking about on here for a while, my story in fast summary is:

Devorced 10 yrs ago, have 2 lovely kids now 12 & 14 boy & girl, who stay with me 3nights per week (tuesdays & weekends) ::bigsmile:

never able to buy house, :cry: watched in agony at their fast rising prices. and have had to rent, have hated to rent as cannot live the way i want ie decoration etc.

landlady given me notice a month ago :Angry: and have another month to go before i have to leave, been on council waiting list for 8 yrs theystill not interested even now.

so here is my options as i see them:

get another rented house part with huge sum to get in and then have the same high rent each week with no securite etc,

or fulltime in motor home until either council help me with falt or house prices come down (which they Are)

my only worry about fulltiming is i work in the day as a domestic appliance repair man from a small van.

if i buy motorhome where do i put it during the day, & would prefer to wild camp most of the time.

also worried about the life style change for the kids, ( i think i would love it)

any comments would be appreciated

john

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi John

Council - sorry if you have done all of this but Shelter or citizens advice about it. You obviously have a good relationship with your ex as you have them for three nights a week would she agree to you having one resident with you. Depending on how your council works are you actually on the list. By co-incidence a 62 year old chap we met on a site said he had been on th elist for eight years but we knew that in that area you had to "bid" every fortnight for a place. Once we had him registered correctly he had a flat within a couple of months.

We havejust helped another chap by suggesting he can get help with his campsite fees via housing benefit and it looks like he is about to get it. I hasten to add that neither of these chaps were immigrants, they were born and bred Brits :Smile::Smile:

As to fulltiming I saw a Hymer 544 this last weekend with sleeping for four and small enough to park wherever a car would park and would probably have enough room for your tools or you could have a trailer for your tools.

I personally do not think for fulltiming wildcamping is an option. I did meet someone the other day who does it in a big and nearly new RV. They spend four days on a supermarket carpark and then three on a pub carpark. This is not truellywildcamping as they have permission and the wife has decided she wants a house again. I think its nice to be on a campsite with permission. You can get them from £2 a night if you search - although this is without elec but then you would be wildcamping.

Have you tried the residential home, would they have a camping place?

stew

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Agree with Artonas first comments.....go to CAB and Shelter.

Due to your personal circumstances i would not think mh fulltiming is a viable option. You really need something a bit more 'fixed' or permanent as a base such as a flat or residential caravan site.

I'm a house owner, but been down the path of divorce etc so fully aware of the horrendous financial costs, and sympathise with your situation regards trying to find some kind of home at an affordable cost.

If it was possible your ex-wife would agree to one of the children living with you.....you'd be in council accom within minutes. Crazy, but thats 'the system'. Just ask any single teenage mother!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Hi

If it was possible your ex-wife would agree to one of the children living with you.....you'd be in council accom within minutes.

normally in a communal hostel with a group of single mums - there is a silver lining to every crisis ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

stew

OP
OP
I

I-was-renting-now-im-not

Deleted User
Thanks for the replys,

As far as having one of the children yes it is possible , but i think the council would see right through that trick if i did that now, it seems really unfair as i know of a number of undesirables in the town who have been given flats who have no children treat their new home like sh*&t and take drugs and have fights every weekend.

and heres me being evicted and they say "so" heres a list of local private landlords (copy of local newspaper):whatthe:

but if you shout then its all over for you for certain,:Angry:
dont know what to do, cant afford a nother place and wouldnt want another private house, would love to fulltime in MH but ot practcal really.

mmmmmm oh well life will find a path (yea right):Sad:

Thanks everyone that has replied, once im sorted i am gonna buy a MH so ill be among you and annoying you with other dilemmas :thumb:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Hi

There seems to be two very similar threads running here. Would a mod or admin like to merge them

stew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Link Removed

the other thread