LIFE MEMBER
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
dethleffs
Exp
Still a newbie
hi all.

I am trying to find out if there is a mains charger in the van.how would I go about finding it.

If there is, would it be separate from the electroblock.or is mains charging part of the electeblock

I understand that the engine charges the batteries when running,but am unsure about a mains set up

The van is 16 years old if that's any help

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The charger will be part of the Electroblock. You should have a mains EHU inlet on the outside of the van somewhere (or maybe inside the battery locker if you have such a thing). With mains plugged in you should be able to tell from your control panel whether or not the leisure battery is being charged.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
What model of Electroblock is it? EBL 99 or EBL 101, etc? What model of panel is it? DT201 maybe?

If you can read a voltage, then any voltage higher than 13.6 volts means something is charging the battery.

Briefly, the voltage goes up to around 14.8 volts while charging, and settles down to about 13.6 to 13.8 volts when they're fully charged.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The Elektrobloc is an intelligent multi-stage charger and 12v control unit. It contains the mains charger, relays for engine charging and 12v fridge control, fuses for the various 12v circuits etc. When plugged into a 230v supply, it will charge habitation batteries and engine starter battery.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Spade

Spade

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
dethleffs
Exp
Still a newbie
Thanks for the replies.the model number is a EBL99.

I did not realise that it did all those things.i just assumed it was just like a home consumer unit sending power to the lights fridge etc.
The reason I asked was that I am having problems with my satellite dish.it is a kathrein ufd 171.
It sometimes won't move and find satellites and is giving a low power message.everything else electrical is working fine.
I have driven the van a good bit
I have two batteries,one of which the the kathrein is connected to, which I tested with electrical meter and and it showed 12.5 volts.
I took it out and charged it and it showed 13.6 volts and dropped to 13.4 volts after 6 hours but dropped to 12.7 after trying the dish (which worked).

It would be great if I could charge the batteries by mains so I could see if the batteries need to be changed.

So in short the ebl99 will charge the batteries..thats great.

The batteries are two numax leisure batteries.

Any idea how long I should plug tha van in for.

sorry for the long post and more questions

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Spade

Spade

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
dethleffs
Exp
Still a newbie
Any opinions on Halfords leisure batteries if I do need to change

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks for the replies.the model number is a EBL99.

The charger part is a bit fragile.

If you hook up and the battery does not immediately show a charge, assuming it's all turned on, then you probably have a problem.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Spade

Spade

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
dethleffs
Exp
Still a newbie
@GJH .I just saw your motorhome notes under your post. It's very informative.
Just going through them now

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
Reference to your question about Halfords batteries you will probably find them more expensive than any where else. Ring round the motor factors for a price comparison.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Spade

Spade

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
dethleffs
Exp
Still a newbie
^^^^^^^
115 ah battery 93 pounds
70 ah battery 71 pounds

that's converted from euro.
I had thought that was on the low side compared to amazon etc

what do you think??

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Spade

Spade

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
dethleffs
Exp
Still a newbie
I've just checked the batteries on the power panel and then connected up the van to the mains and it's looking good. The battery gauge is showing a higher value with the mains on.

Thanks again for all the help

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back