rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I was going over previous invoices for servicing and found that the previous owner to me had a major service done at a local main dealer and the total cost came to £388.98 this was for a suntor 115 2.2 hdi 2008.
I have just had a major service at Autocare in Hereford which came to
£166.63.
Comparing each item the price was well under the main dealers. the labour costs for 2 hours work was £70. Autocare is a very large outfit which caters for all commercial vehicles and cars.

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Servicing + Other Costs

Hi similar to the OP. I have just had the cam-belt changed along with a full service including oil and oil filter changed for 540 euro in Spain on my 2008 Ducato . The work was done not at a Fiat but a Nissan main dealer , they proved to be the cheapest after about 6-7 quotes from various sources .

Alan

btw. 540 euro approx. £465

redchad

Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been at it 18 month
Had mine serviced in August last year in Spain. One of the garages from the fiat service manual 120 euro.

I've also been told that habitation checks are far cheaper in France.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
JUST GOT FULL SERVICE, M.O.T. NEW CAMBELT AND NEW WATER PUMP DONE AT LOCAL GARAGE ON MY ELDDIS 120. TOTAL COST £425- 72p.

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Had mine serviced in August last year in Spain. One of the garages from the fiat service manual 120 euro.

I've also been told that habitation checks are far cheaper in France.

I was actually quoting work done in Spain, yes 2 of my previous vans had a hab. test in France total cost - zilch with the relevant docs. signed

Alan

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
JUST GOT FULL SERVICE, M.O.T. NEW CAMBELT AND NEW WATER PUMP DONE AT LOCAL GARAGE ON MY ELDDIS 120. TOTAL COST £425- 72p.

You just need to get your eyes tested now so you do not have to post in Braille an keep shouting:Doh:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Dont forget Halfords. they have service centres all over the country and are expanding. Work is guaranteed and fixed price, plus, if you did have a problem, say with a battery you bought, and it happened while away......i,llbet there is a Halfords nearby:thumb:

(nope, i dont work for them).

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Dont forget Halfords. they have service centres all over the country and are expanding. Work is guaranteed and fixed price, plus, if you did have a problem, say with a battery you bought, and it happened while away......i,llbet there is a Halfords nearby:thumb:

(nope, i dont work for them).

Not many Halfords in France, Spain, Portugal, etc....

Friends and family who went to Halfords locally in this area, all report of all the "additional problems" Halfords found during the MOT, servicing etc... but all of which could all be fixed for an additional £££'s

Sad to say there is now way I would trust any of my vehicles to Halfords.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back