Maiden trip to Cornwall

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Smoogy, May 9, 2010.

1. Smoogy

Smoogy Read Only Funster

Due to collect our new motorhome this Friday and taking off to Cornwall for a weekend test run. Would like to find a small quiet site somewhere between Padstow - Port Quin but struggling to find anything other than the 150+ pitch sites. Would love to hear if anyone has an recommendations of sites in this area.

2. Rainbowchaser

Rainbowchaser Read Only Funster

sites

Hi Smoogy.

Welcome to mh fun.
    If you fancy a nice quiet site with just the basics, hookup and showers near Penzance/Helston I think there's spaces here where I am.
    Call Charlie and Jean Platt on 01736 850647

Good luck and bring some sun with you ok?

Tony
    :Wink:

3. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

hi and welcome we go to cornwall a lot and we have stayed at maver holiday park mawgan porth its only a small park run by steve and shirley rodding if you wont to give them a ring the number is 01637860493:thumb::thumb::thumb:

4. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Mother Iveys - overlooking the bay next to padstow

Harlyn bay - next bay along, pretty much on the beach - we had customers who stayed there all week last year

5. clarify

clarify Read Only Funster

Am down that way myself next week if the old van makes it so may call in for a night or two nice to meet up with fellow funsters
    RAY and CLAIRE

6. cherok

cherok Read Only Funster

Hi There,

I would like to suggest a site I found after doing some research online- Dennis Cove right near Padstow.

http://www.virtualpix.co.uk/webservices/virtualtours/campsitepadstow.htm

I do have to add that we haven't actually stayed there yet as we wanted to book there for Bank Holiday but I gather that they don't have many EHU's and so we will hopefully be visiting some time in June.

It seems ideal, right on the Camel Trail and only a few minutes and you're in Padstow. :Smile:

7. navman

navman Read Only Funster

A few miles north is The Caravan Club site Trewethett Farm open to non members. Real cliff top site ( albeit you can get a pitch a bit away from te edge if you want:BigGrin:)

Real good location with coastal walks to Boscastle and Tintagel. There at the moment and just wonderful. Their telno is 01840 770222