johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
ok so the title may appear to be a bit misleading, this is not about newcastle football fans.

but it's true..

5 am, many mornings I have two of them walking about on the roof and it's getting to be annoying..
they are hopping and pecking at things, I shouldn't wonder if they aren't nesting !

If there was any brightwork up there its surely gone now :(

I am not good with an air rifle at 5am half up the rear ladder in my bathrobe..

As some of you know, I have had plenty of other roof problems recently, but this is a hop to far :cry:

what should i do?
percy, from peckham

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
maggies

have the same problem on our new shogun they have chewed all seal from sun roof try super glueing a cat on roof :ROFLMAO:

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
I would have thought that with an air "rifle" you wouldn't have to be that close to your van.

Just stand back and blast the blighters.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
OK here what you do

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGPlOdOnVMQ"]click here[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bald eagle

Free Member
Jan 30, 2009
here,there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 1998
The answer is get a magpie trap,this is not a joke, its a cage which you bait
up to entice the magpie and mapies being what they are,nosey the others should
follow. I do know that this works as i was a farmers son and my dad used to do it.
As for the cage trap i don't know where you would get one, but i'm sure you
could make one,good luck:thumb:

regards
bald eagle

OP
OP
johng

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
what do I do with them afterwards baldeagle?

put them in a pie :) ?

A cat or an eagle stuck on the roof might work.. ? there are some chickens around, I could use some of them tied to the roof, although much the same problem, still, on a hot day i would have fried eggs ;)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Alka-seltzer wrapped in a bit of bread thrown on the roof.......down in one 'cos they're greedy, then the depth-charge goes off and they cant do nowt about it.

you wont see them again.:thumb:

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
ok so the title may appear to be a bit misleading, this is not about newcastle football fans.

but it's true..

5 am, many mornings I have two of them walking about on the roof and it's getting to be annoying..
they are hopping and pecking at things, I shouldn't wonder if they aren't nesting !

If there was any brightwork up there its surely gone now :(

I am not good with an air rifle at 5am half up the rear ladder in my bathrobe..

As some of you know, I have had plenty of other roof problems recently, but this is a hop to far :cry:

what should i do?
percy, from peckham
not a bad idea from scran decoys tend to work well, or put thin spike strips up:thumb: they'll only sit on them once:Eeek:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Alka-seltzer wrapped in a bit of bread thrown on the roof.......down in one 'cos they're greedy, then the depth-charge goes off and they cant do nowt about it.

you wont see them again.:thumb:

I like it. :Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Just don't stand underneath them when it goes off. :Eeek:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
two magpies are better than one

five or six are even better::bigsmile:

don't even think of the ones inbetween:ROFLMAO:

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
your not on a campsite and have been running you genny too late are you???

a semin known trick to get back at annoying neigbours on campsites is to throw bread onto the roof of their van at night as you walk the dog,

they get woken up as the birds wake up and go looking for breakfast, and nowt is more annoying than birds walking on a tin roof at sparrow fart of clock in the morning :)

well, actually a couple of squirels playing on your roof can be more annoying, especialy as the little buggers slide down the awning canvas and hop onto the table below it, then shimmy back up the arms making the awning vibrate which reverbitates through the van,
they did look a bit shocked when i threw the roof window open and poked my head through to give them the evil eye, and scarpered back up the tree,

but then they started dislodging pine cones from the trees above us, so i wish i had left them alone to frolik on the roof :)

i love squirels btw, toffee rescued a baby one that had fallen from a tree a few years ago, and i can watch them play all day long, but when you are woken up by tham and it's 6am, that's a bit much.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
John,

What about one of those motion activated water squirters someone was on about the other day?

Angled right it could clean the roof at the same time and with a submersable pump I believe you have a water source up there:ROFLMAO:

Sorry:Eeek:

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
down here camping at perran sands cornwall, cannot seem to keep the seagulls of the roof no damage yet as far as i know but they are like the fly in the waiting room you scare it off and its back two mins later.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back